Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem with this along with the 2Box is not enough trigger inputs. You would think one of the first things they would put up was a demo. Without this it all means nothing.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

They did a demo on site of the introduction.
      A comment from one of the Japanese page mentioned it sounded like real drums... take that with a grain of salt though...

They didn't make one for Youtube yet, but I'm sure it will come.
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
        My problem with this along with the 2Box is not enough trigger inputs. You would think one of the first things they would put up was a demo. Without this it all means nothing.
        I think we'd all like to hear a demo! About the number of trigger inputs, I (too) was disappointed by that. The aD5 module (as shown) doesn't really have any spare inputs because if you add a second crash cymbal (which is a requirement for many drummers) and a second floor tom (again, something a lot of drummers will want), all inputs are used. There really are no spare inputs on the module. The other thing I dislike is the multiplexed connector. Provide individual inputs, please!

Comment

The special link connector might be for a 2nd module. The inputs are fine with me depending on the price. If it is $500 to $700 I would say that is OK. If it is $1000 then maybe not. I sent them an email to see if we can hear demos.

Comment

Tried sending another email to the company. I might need to get a new module and wanted to know if this will be released soon or a long time from now. In the short term I think I will just set up a 2nd laptop and use my TD4 plus TD6 modules. I sold my TD30 module because it seemed like a very expensive midi trigger.

I always wanted to have a 2nd laptop and sound card for the live feed in the room. It is shocking when playing VST sounds vs even the best Roland sounds. The triggering on the TD4 is quite good when used with VST's,and not really much different than the TD30 other than features. When I am tracking a band,I prefer not to lower my main computer down to 64 samples in case I get dropouts.

It would still be great to know more about this new module and hear it!

Comment

No point in emailing - they're not ready to reveal anything. Stay tuned. I'm sure there will be plenty of information when it appears at NAMM.
              . digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

Thanks for all the research on the new module, everyone. This is something to get excited about. Do we know what the sound generation basis is? Samples (like the 2box) or synthesized like Roland's approach?

About the inputs, I do agree, just two more would be great. Maybe this is the "little brother" to something bigger/better. That would make sense for a new company. It will take some time to work out a few bugs with a new platform. They can do this with a lower market impact starting with small. They definitely don't want to disappoint anyone, but disappointing someone who paid over $1000 for a flagship module is too risky.

If the ad5 is sample-based, uses any HH, can use both Roland and Yamaha pads, and is priced at or under my TD25, it will sell like hot cakes.
                TD-25 and TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

No MIDI? No USB A or C?
                  TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                    If the ad5 is sample-based, uses any HH, can use both Roland and Yamaha pads, and is priced at or under my TD25, it will sell like hot cakes.
                    I've been waiting for a party to come up with a drop-in replacement with these specs...
                    Last edited by djska; 12-14-15, 12:56 PM.
                    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...618_141852.jpg

Comment

http://icon.jp/archives/11201

Drummer demoing is Tommy Snyder
                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...618_141852.jpg

Comment

I was hoping for MIDI in, have to think if I can live without it.
                        Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
                        Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
                        Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Nice looking module.

Looks like an intuitive user friendly interface.

Supports both Yamaha and Roland pads...excellent!

Now...sounds...we haven't got a clue!

Comment

Looks to me to be something "dumbed down" to compete with the TD-25. Time will tell as it is said to be a prototype in the article.
                            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

TD30, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by seasack View Post
                              No MIDI? No USB A or C?

Looks like they're depending on USB to serve MIDI.
                              TD-25 and TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

Here's the link to the ad5 promotion site...

http://www.atvcorporation.com/en/products/drums/ad5/

Comment

Working...
                                X