Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Used V-pro price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used V-pro price?

I'm looking to get into the Vdrum market and a salesman from a music store quoted me a price of $2500 for a used V-Pro kit. It was used in a studio for roughly a year. I've not seen it yet but assuming it's in good condition can anyone tell me if that's a fair price or should I look elsewhere? Also, I was considering using Pintech ConcertCast ST's for the toms and the Ck-V kick but the salesman said there's a significant differance between the Roland's and the Pintech's. Is this true? The store's about two hours away so I haven't had a chance to demo anything yet. I just wanted to be armed with as much knowledge as possible when I go there.

I really appreciate all the informative posts on this BB. All opinions, observations, and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

James

I don't know the actual prize for a new pro set in the US but - let's say - $2500 is not cheap for a used kit. Perhaps you can get it a bit cheaper.

There's a difference in quality between the Pintech pads and Roland pads. Although the Pintechs aren't bad, the Roland pads are better.
    Robert

Comment

I just paid $3,299 for a brand new one. I shopped around a lot. That's the cheapest I found anywhere. The next lowest price was $3,499.

Since you're getting it from a music store, any chance they'll give you any type of warranty on it?

------------------
      Reverend Poppy
      Reverend Poppy

Comment

Thanks Puttenvr and Rev. Poppy for your responses. I believe I may have found a better deal at the Washington Music Center. Since I still want to use my acoustic cymbals they'll let me piece meal a set together. That way I'll get what I need and not have to pay for stuff I don't want.

Thanks,

DrummerBoyJ

Comment

V Drums have very good resale value. The Pros consistently pull $3000 + on Ebay every time. I'm amazed people pay so much for used.

Comment

If you haven't bought a set of "E" drums yet there is another option. I'm part of a company called "Zombies" and we manufacture digital drums in Baltimore. You are welcome to call and very welcome to come and see them live. We are using an Alesis DM-5, we have used the drums with a Alesis D4 and a Roland TD-10 (but we weren't able to experiment extensively with the TD-10, because it was in a store setting.We should have a lot more info on our drums triggering thru the TD-10 in the next week or so but "right out of the box, the salespeople loved it). It's hard walking the line between being a "human" and a "salesperson".
            But simple put we don't "sell these drums". were just glad to show you what we have.

Check out our listing on E-Bay "Not Roland V Drums" and E-Mail or call us if you'd like.

Jim in Baltimore

Comment

YO! I got an price from www.music123.com on the V-Pro for $2,999. Thought that was a great price. I have been seriously considering the V-Session Set at $4,199. Thought I could buy the V-Pro at $2,999 and add the expansion card and three v-cymbals and be cheaper than the V-Session Kit. That way you have three PD-9's extra out of the deal. What does everyone else think of this?
              Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fredinator:
                ...That way you have three PD-9's extra out of the deal. What does everyone else think of this?
                You may need tthe "Holy Grail".

------------------------
                -~

Comment

Originally posted by fredinator:
                  That way you have three PD-9's extra out of the deal. What does everyone else think of this?
                  Don't forget to add the KD-120 too if you're trying to compare to the Session Kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X