Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Climate conditions for v-drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate conditions for v-drums

Is there an optimum climate and temperature condition for the v-drums? My studio gets sort of hot at times and I don't want to hurt my "investment", any thoughts? I'm sure it is somewhere in the manual, but I don't have time to look. Thanks
    V-Session

My studio is in a warm part of town, it gets really hot since we are a one story building with a flat roof and during the summer it gets to be 90-100 degrees outside and much hotter inside. I have not experienced any problems with my Simmons SDS-7 nor my TD-8 (although I have Hart products and Ive been told by Hart that heat or moisture such as sweat will not hinder the performance) do to the warmth in the studio, although the humidity factor comes to mind that is a different story. When we played a couple of times in Florida, I did not experience any issues with my edrums (nor my module's) in the humidity of Florida however I dont live there so I cant comment how the humidity factor will or will not affect the TD's over a period of time.

We do have an industrial air conditioner installed in our studio, so have relive for the very hot days and I would recommend the use of one otherwise it get to hot to even play.

------------------
    szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited May 29, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited May 29, 2001).]
    Studio

Comment

thanks Svook,

I have A/C in my studio as well, however, I see you are in California, so the question is, will you turn it on? I am in Northern Ca and will probably just deal with the heat. That is what prompted my question. But if you made it through Florida with no problems, my V-Session will probably make it. Thanks for the info.
      -CAT
      V-Session

Comment

Actually, our air conditioner was broken last summer and I had to make do with a fan only for about a month and a half. It was very hot that summer and I hand no issues with my TD-8 at all and I played it about 6-8 hours per day for that span of time, in hot weather.

Roland does make their products to withstand the situation brought forth and I can confirm that. Even when we were on the road and played a lot of outdoors shows during the day in hot weather, the TD-8 was working flawlessly. We have a lot of Roland gear and all of them work without any issues. We have a Roland TR303 and a TR909 that we have owned since I got them in 1982 and they have not failed YET under any condition so far.

I think you will be fine regardless of you conditions.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Working...
        X