Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Is this place for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this place for real?

Has anyone ordered from this place?
    http://www.keyboardshop.com

Their prices are the lowest I've found and all you have to pay is the frieght.

Last week I emailed the sales people at keyboardshop.com about their shipping rates. Turns out that for a 4-piece set of v-cymbals, you have to pay $86 x 4 = $344 to ship to the US, which definitely brings the bargain factor down a few notches.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I don't think those prices (in dollar) are accurate:
      Our Price : US$ 681 (EURO 920)

920 Euro is (a lot) more than $681...

Hmm... what's that thing again that we Dutch people say about Belgians...

[This message has been edited by @oM (edited April 09, 2001).]

Comment

ufotofu are you sure that they charge shipping per item? because I went through their online order form and up untill the credit card part my shipping charge was $90 for about 5 items.

Has anyone in the U.S. ordered from these guys or should I be the first to try?

Comment

I order from them a week ago.. The cymbals are on back order & they don't charge you until they ship.

Here is the e-mail I got from them after I ordered..

1 x Roland CY-12H (in backorder)
          2 x Roland CY-14C (in backorder)
          1 x Roland CY-15R (in backorder)

Requested Voltage : 110Volt

Will ship via UPS (Shipping usually takes 2-5 business days)

Item(s) Subtotal : 586 US$
          Shipping & Handling : 158 US$
          Tax : 0.00 US$
          ------------------------------
          TOTAL DUE : 744 US$

You will receive a notification and tracking number by email when your order ships.

Regards,
          Drummusic.com Customer Service
          ---
          Denver, CO
          Vpro Drummer

Comment

I just now ordered one CY-15R and three CY-14C's from them (just got my CY-12H hihat from Guitar Center tonight and I'm digging it). Hopefully everything is on the up and up with this place.

My total was $763 with shipping and handling. I figure that is about $340 cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.

They appear to be located in Belgium since a trace route to their site arrives at "deinze.piens.be". Maybe the low prices are to the current exchange rate with Belgium..? I don't know, as long as my cymbals arrive OK I'm happy.

The only bad thing is they made no mention of wether they have them in stock or not.
            ~~~
            Tom Conner

Comment

Weird... They charge you more if you pay in euro than when you pay in dollar!?

"Roland CY-15R
              Our Price : US$ 161 (EURO 217)"

217 Euro = $195.9 (according to harlock)

Thrak, they are located in Belgium. You didn't have to traceroute them for that, it's in the faq

Comment

Originally posted by ADD:
                [B]are you sure that they charge shipping per item?[B]
                That's what the guy told me, $86 per item. Hopefully he's wrong, but I don't know. I'll try again when I'm ready to purchase the cymbals (need to demo them first).
                Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I got an email back from their sales department about the shipping costs:

Dear Sir,

We received your email. Thank You for shopping at www.keyboardshop.com

We charge by weight and distance. All items are shipped via UPS
                  Express.
                  Shipping usually takes 3 to 5 business days worldwide.

Please contact us by mail or phone if you have further questions.
                  We look forward to receive your order and start serving You

Thanks again for shopping at www.keyboardshop.com

Kind Regards,

Lieven
                  Keyboardshop.com Sales Team

Comment

Originally posted by Thrak:
                    I just now ordered one CY-15R and three CY-14C's from them (just got my CY-12H hihat from Guitar Center tonight and I'm digging it). Hopefully everything is on the up and up with this place.

My total was $763 with shipping and handling. I figure that is about $340 cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.

They appear to be located in Belgium since a trace route to their site arrives at "deinze.piens.be". Maybe the low prices are to the current exchange rate with Belgium..? I don't know, as long as my cymbals arrive OK I'm happy.

The only bad thing is they made no mention of wether they have them in stock or not.

Thrak,
                    keep us informed about if you had to pay Customs, and how much that cost you. I'm sure many of us are thinking of shopping there.
                    Stu
                    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

This place is crazy! Thank god for the euro!

Does anyone know how much customs would charge you, if they indeed decided to charge you?

I bought a motorcycle jacket from the UK several years ago and customs asked for quite a bit of money.

------------------
                      Cheers,

JHH
                      Cheers,

JHH

Comment

Hmm, If I have to pay customs on my order that would be bad. But that seems unlikely. Nothing about customs was mentioned to me in the order process, and their FAQ has nothing on it either.

The email just said I would get a UPS tracking number when they shipped.
                        ~~~
                        Tom Conner

Comment

Originally posted by Thrak:
                          Hmm, If I have to pay customs on my order that would be bad. But that seems unlikely. Nothing about customs was mentioned to me in the order process, and their FAQ has nothing on it either.

The email just said I would get a UPS tracking number when they shipped.
                          They have to fill out a Customs slip and designate the value of whatever they're sending you. Trust me, if they wrote anything else that "Gift" on that slip, you're paying US Customs, how much, depends on the US Customs official. If they don't like the value noted on the import papers they'll calculate it themselves, and that's where it gets expensive. I got charged $750 for a box of clothes I had forgotten in London when I moved to the States. My old roommate had written "Clothes" on the import papers...
                          Stu
                          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but writing "Gift" on a package to 'sneak' it through customs is illegal and counts as Mail Fraud... If they open the "Gift" package and find the receipt, keyboardshop.com would be in a world of hurt...

Don't try to cheat the post office, kids... they carry automatic weapons.

------------------
                            \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited April 12, 2001).]
                            \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

There is no way I am paying a bunch of customs fees on this order, and if I am supposed to that would be supa-crappy service from them for not mentioning it anywhere in the order process.

I am going to email them now and ask what up, I'll let y'all know what I find.

(fingers crossed)
                              ~~~
                              Tom Conner

Comment

Working...
                              X