Any News On The 2Box Drumit Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

2box use neighborhood algo right as option? randomly play wav sample on the same velocity.
    Yes 2Box uses the neighborhood samples to avoid machine gunning. You can switch this on/off though.

I don't have the module anymore but I have used tens (or even hundreds) of hours to make and bake sounds for DrumIt5 from various vsts and ready made wavs. The way 2Box handles samples it is not always good to have 127 samples. Those start to be so close to each other that it actually worsens machine gun effect. Usually I found the optimal amount for snares was something like 60-80 samples and even smaller for all the rest. I could have nice dynamics and variation without machine gunning by using only 20-30 samples sometimes.
    Last edited by Espen; 02-20-18, 11:51 PM.

Comment

In the term of most regular VST use layers + round robin on the same velocity, example Superior3 use 25 layers velocity + round robin on each layer velocity, hitting on 127 velocity each times could occurs machine gunning if sample are not alternating on the same velocity. 2box Neighborhood is probably doing the same things to compensate, or there would be evident machine gunning.
      Actually, the choice in the module is called Variable. With that the module will pick a velocity above or below if the same velocity is hit simultaneously. You can leave it on by default or turn it off. I have played for many years with the 2Box and even if you turn Variable OFF ..... with a very large amount of Velocity samples it is almost impossible to create the machine gun affect ..... now of course I am talking about the pads being setup correctly in the module so you do not reach the Max velocity super easy, only on your very hardest hit ..... As an example, if you have a snare head that has 99 or more velocity samples the chances of you hitting the same velocity over and over is pretty slim .... and actually pretty hard to do. On many of the VST .dsnds that I created for my module I would leave Variable OFF ..... and never had a problem. But, since the Varable choice is in the module, Machine Gun is not a term you will really ever hear when relating to 2Box.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Drumit3 is the same engine as Drumit5 sound hardware, with 4 individual out.
        That is correct and AFAIK the .dsnds for the Drumit Five will work just fine in the Drumit Three and Vice Versa. The thing that will be a little different will be the Config setting file for the 2 modules since the Drumit Three module will have additional trigger types and less outputs. I could start a rumor that there is a new OS on the way for the Drumit Five ..... but I won't I wouldn't start a rumor like that ..... even if I had been beta testing it for a while.
        Last edited by JmanWord; 02-21-18, 12:18 AM.
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
          I could start a rumor that there is a new OS on the way for the Drumit Five ..... but I won't I wouldn't start a rumor like that ..... even if I had been beta testing it for a while.
          What a nice a rumor...:-) !

Anders / www.zourman.com
          Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Anders, when were you going to tell us that your 3xzone ludwig snare is included on the drumit 3 module? Congratulations! I bet you already have the module being so close to 2box, both geographically and socially, admit it :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by walkinded View Post
              Anders, when were you going to tell us that your 3xzone ludwig snare is included on the drumit 3 module? Congratulations! I bet you already have the module being so close to 2box, both geographically and socially, admit it :-)
              Check out p. 15 of the quick start manual, where it says:
              "However, there is one snare sound in the library that needs special attention: the 3 zone snare ZD BB Dow Dry RSC which Zourman.com has authorized us to use. There is a lot to read about this particular snare at: https://zourman.com/products/ludwig-...mple-for-2box/ Check it out!"

ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkinded View Post
                Anders, when were you going to tell us that your 3xzone ludwig snare is included on the drumit 3 module? Congratulations! I bet you already have the module being so close to 2box, both geographically and socially, admit it :-)
                Thanks!

A gentleman never speaks...no, It is 2box mission to bring out info like this! Yes, I am honored to have been delivering my and Jouni’s 1920s Ludwig Black Beauty Snare sample. The snare sound found in the “Three” factory library is a variant of the ones I have got on my site. It was fun that 2box applied their new 3 sound (ahead, rim & crosssticks) dsnd technology on this snare.

Anders / www.zourman.com / Great Roland Hi-hat & Three Zone Ride Conversation For 2box DrumIt Five + Legendary Snare Samples.

Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Maybe a stupid/redundant question but comes the drumit 3 with a clamp (or an equivalent to that) so I can attach the module to a cymbal stand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoffa View Post
                    Maybe a stupid/redundant question but comes the drumit 3 with a clamp (or an equivalent to that) so I can attach the module to a cymbal stand?
                    nobody knows yet which mounting plate it's going to need....

Comment

• I should be getting my Drumit 3 module next week so I will let you know about the module mounting (if there is any). Can't wait to test this unit out after waiting so long!

Comment

• I'll be very curious how well the "universal" triggering works. ATV and Pearl have done a great job in this regard so hopefully 2Box is up to the task. I do think it's a bit bizarre that you have to adjust a physical pot with a screwdriver to dial in the hi hat. What year is it again??
                        Pearl MIMIC Pro, Pearl Export ELX A2E Conversion, ATV Cymbals and Snare

Comment

• Originally posted by DerryBulmers View Post
                          I should be getting my Drumit 3 module next week so I will let you know about the module mounting (if there is any). Can't wait to test this unit out after waiting so long!
                          That would be really helpfull! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoffa View Post
                            Maybe a stupid/redundant question but comes the drumit 3 with a clamp (or an equivalent to that) so I can attach the module to a cymbal stand?
                            The module does NOT ship with a mounting plate ..... and if you order a module solo from pretty much any other eDrum company that is pretty much standard. You normally only get a mounting plate if you buy a complete eDrum kit.

I checked with Bengt and he told me standard 4 hole mounting plates will work. The module has the standard 4 hole pattern for mounting like most other eDrum modules. The screws for mounting are included with the module.
                            Last edited by JmanWord; 02-22-18, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Espen View Post

Yes 2Box uses the neighborhood samples to avoid machine gunning. You can switch this on/off though.

I don't have the module anymore but I have used tens (or even hundreds) of hours to make and bake sounds for DrumIt5 from various vsts and ready made wavs. The way 2Box handles samples it is not always good to have 127 samples. Those start to be so close to each other that it actually worsens machine gun effect. Usually I found the optimal amount for snares was something like 60-80 samples and even smaller for all the rest. I could have nice dynamics and variation without machine gunning by using only 20-30 samples sometimes.
                              It make sens, because, I have sdse and converted lots of library already.

Something I have noticed, SDSE it's not perfect and require some trial and error, with settings to get them right depend on library etc. lots of sample can be the same and only reduced on volume, not totally new sample from attack point, I have analyzed them at the starting point and zooming, the shifting attack point vs volume sample. What you told me about not always good with 127, its because from x library and x setting, they are mostly the same sample with lower volume when ripped from sdse, less variation, they would get repeated with neighborhood on or off, sdse need different setting or you manually delete sample of these repeated sample to avoid what you are talking.

Many toontrack have hiss on their library, from studio recording, some more then others, ezline more, evident when higher volume, SDSE when rip wav, amplified them, hiss can be more audible in some case.

BFD, all sample don't use round robin, but the algo atm make them alternating with velocity\ frequency change, so if you rip bfd with atm off, you will have lots of repeated sound, turn atm off in bfd and its machine gunning.

Even with SDSE, I don't think someone can get the full potential real 100% VST, use algo inside the program outside sample, and I see often larger files in vst compare to sdse files, there is missing things here, if vst use 12 round robin, and the vst only alternate sample on 2 hit\randomly play them, or the vst velocity template is like 0 to 7 for the first layer, and have 12 round robin, SDSE would miss 5 round robin sample, because sdse only sample one hit per velocity 1 to 127, SDSE could miss like 40 samples of round robin for one instruments either from vst template compare to the real vst itself.

I would said to get right 2box at full potential, you need to be advanced users and have patience, spend time, and going back and forth with trial and error, hence why I have read from people " I have never been able to get the same as the vst result" combined using the on board effect which could ruin the original sound. (this was not the headphone resistor sound change independence things)
                              Last edited by Chris K; 02-22-18, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• I emailed Hoshino USA today to find out when 2Box will arrive in the US. They replied and said they are expecting them to hit by the end of March. Also, the street price is going to be around $800. They did not give me names of specific dealers that are planning on carrying it.
                                TD-50KV, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, DW Hardware

Comment

Working...
                                X