Any News On The 2Box Drumit Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There were some interesting comments from 2box on their site:

”Actually there are a couple of new sounds included the new DrumIt Three.
    Such as Randy Black and Simon Phillips Signature sets and a few 3 zones Snares. But you know. With the 2BOX Editor, you can use any WAV file to create a 2BOX Multi-Layer-Sound.”

3 zone snares....here is one of the improvements...the snare sound has now three sounds...used to be two. This means that you have head, rim and rimshot in each dsdn sound. (Plus the logics to handle 3 sounds with a piezo + edge trigger)

The Simon Phillips kit says to be fantastic!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / Hi-hat & 3 Zone Rides for 2box Drumit Five

Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Originally posted by molson View Post

If it's like the Di5 you can add an SD extender cable and mount it outside the case. The only real issue was that it was a bit picky regarding SD card compatibility. Hope the 3 is better in that regard.
      Molson, so do you mean a cable like this, https://www.ebay.com.au/i/183022377318?chn=ps

if so, do we have to find the sd card on the motherboard and plug this thing in instead and then it pokes out of the machine and creates a card holder/reader. seems primitive, but im fine with it if it works nd i need that extra space.

you got any pics of how you do it with the DR5 ?? cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by rodhuy View Post

Molson, so do you mean a cable like this, https://www.ebay.com.au/i/183022377318?chn=ps

if so, do we have to find the sd card on the motherboard and plug this thing in instead and then it pokes out of the machine and creates a card holder/reader. seems primitive, but im fine with it if it works nd i need that extra space.

you got any pics of how you do it with the DR5 ?? cheers
        There is a very good and detailed thread on the 2Box forum here

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1445.0
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• I talked to Bengt at NAMM and asked some specifics as far as the board and chipsets on the DI5 and DI3 just to see if there would be different requirements for SD card compatibility with the Drumit Three ..... he said it will be the same. While talking with him my understanding is he should be shipping me a DI3 .... when I have it in hand I will be able to check the module case to see how the card mod fits in the module and test my current compatible cards. With the DI5 there is enough space to allow the ribbon of the extender to pass through without any modification to the module. I'll see how that will work with the DI3. J
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

There is a very good and detailed thread on the 2Box forum here

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1445.0
            Great - thnx for this. so i read thru that thread and the post on the instructions. seems easy enough to do.

PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ........ why the hell do 2BOX only supply a 4GB internal card... IF, you can easily pull it out and install this cable and put in larger cards?? i mean larger cards work, so why the silly small size 4GB.....in 2018 !!

for the price, ie NOT MUCH , why dont they put in a larger card right from the beginning... or do like iphone, offer 2 or 3 models with different memory card sizes, for a price ???

Its 2018... i just checked my national office supply store... they DONT EVEN OFFER 4GB cards anymore,!!!! the smallest you can now get is 16GB . And the difference between a 16GB card and 32 GB is as little as $3.00 - $5.00. for about $25-$30 you can get a Toshiba or San Disk 32GB card !! not much.

what are 2BOx doing going with an antiquated 4GB especially if these larger cards work with the boards and operating system.... as they clearly do, given the hack offered in the thread ?

im amazed. seems like classic stupidity. is there a decent reason for this. you can get 64GB for like $50 where i live and even 128GB are now available,.

whats worse is why dont 2BOX make the unit so it has a detachable card and you put your own size in. wow.

Am i missing something ?? the stupidity of this company on some of its actions leaves me dumbfounded ! like the pathetic marketing efforts of ignoring everyone for yrs on end !
            Last edited by rodhuy; 02-06-18, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Sorry Jman...could not resist to show my Drumit Five SD card mod...:-)....I have made this mod for a couple of friends. Looks and works great!

Anders / Zourman.com

Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                Sorry Jman...could not resist to show my Drumit Five SD card mod...:-)....I have made this mod for a couple of friends. Looks and works great!

Anders / Zourman.com
                Yeah, I'm pretty good at cutting holes too. My main thing for supplying these to others was to avoid modifying the module in any way ....except stick a card in the slot ....
                Last edited by JmanWord; 02-06-18, 02:30 AM.
                Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by rodhuy View Post

Great - thnx for this. so i read thru that thread and the post on the instructions. seems easy enough to do.

PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ........ . for about $25-$30 you can get a Toshiba or San Disk 32GB card !! not much.

what are 2BOx doing going with an antiquated 4GB especially if these larger cards work with the boards and operating system.... as they clearly do, given the hack offered in the thread ?

im amazed. seems like classic stupidity. is there a decent reason for this. you can get 64GB for like $50 where i live and even 128GB are now available,.

whats worse is why dont 2BOX make the unit so it has a detachable card and you put your own size in. wow.

Am i missing something ?? the stupidity of this company on some of its actions leaves me dumbfounded ! like the pathetic marketing efforts of ignoring everyone for yrs on end !
                  Yes, you are missing something ..... every one of the cards you mentioned above will not work correctly in the 2Box module. Actually, since I have tested a whole bunch of dif. cards I would say that 1 out of 50 (32GB) might be a reasonable figure, and nothing over 32GB will work. Plus out of the cards that actually do work well, most of those are not in production any more. I can count on one hand how many 32GB cards have worked up to par on the 2Box module over the years. So that is prolly the main reason they did not put a slot in the module. If you put anything over a 4GB card inside the module so you do not have access to the card, you can no longer add or remove files or use the Editor, etc. This is all stuff that has been discussed for 7 or 8 years over at that 2Box forum. Since the Drumit Three is similar to the Drumit Five, it is a pretty good bet the card situation will be the same and I'm basing that on somewhat inside info. I know that it is a very big order to do everything the 2Box does via a an SDHC card without latency problems and the read/write speed of the new cards has nothing to do with what the 2Box requires ..... it is the Read Access time plus a dependable card that will not corrupt or change or degrade over time ..... one of the main reasons they use ATP I think. Bengt is still talking about releasing a Drumit 5X with a card slot, and when we discussed that he said that people would need to get the cards through 2Box since that is the only way they would be sure to avoid tech support nightmares. But the Drumit Three was already in the making and was planned to ship with the internal card.

Not sure why you want to buy a stupid module from a stupid company, though ......
                  . LOL
                  Last edited by JmanWord; 02-06-18, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

Yes, you are missing something ..... every one of the cards you mentioned above will not work correctly in the 2Box module.
                    ok seems i am missing something and i stand corrected. This company still leaves me perplexed regardless. I'm only buying it b/c it does appear to be a good module and innovative. in some ways they lead the mkt, in other ways they do things that market bottom dwellers would do. they're a bit of an enigma to me.

still do not get why they cant get the board, the operating system and whatever else to talk to a card bigger than 4GB. i mean phones do, why cant they. i dont even begin to understand how you can have the 4GB inside yet have this outside card of 32GB happening. i saw a screenshot with the system recognizing 32GB in the window. so from a laymans perspective... none of it makes sense. it seems to allow larger cards... but Jman, only as you suggest if its on this ribbon cable and outside the box NOT on the motherboard.

oh well. if it dont work it dont work. it still looks like a good box and worth buying even if only 4GB. will probs be enough for me. i dont want zillions of kits. about 6 or 10 good ones. 5-6 will be plenty i think. ( & hopefully the ribbon cable with larger SD cards still also works.)

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                      ... Bengt is still talking about releasing a Drumit 5X with a card slot, and when we discussed that he said that people would need to get the cards through 2Box since that is the only way they would be sure to avoid tech support nightmares. ......
                      Really thats the way to go. no one would care at all buying specific cards from 2BOX to guarantee they worked. i think ( hopefully) this is the way they will go in the future. as i said..... 4GB cards are not even made anymore. 16GB will soon be obsolete.

so they need to do their homework and make their boards work with the larger cards for future releases. well thats what you'd expect a good Co. to do. but who knows what these guys will do.??
                      Last edited by rodhuy; 02-06-18, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• I should be getting my hands on a Drumit Three, probably this month ..... so I'll be testing lots of things including the Stealth 2Box 32GB Card Mod Kit ...... (don't tell on me ..... I'll be popping that sucka open soon after I get it ..... LOL).

Comment

• Seems like the 2box Three modules have been sent out to the resellers. 8/2. Will be landing mid this week.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Comment

• Which dealers here in the U.S. are going to sell the Drumit 3?
                            TD-50KV, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, DW Hardware

Comment

• Hi!

They are distributed by Hoshino (Tama) in the states. But I don’t know which resellers who are connected to Hoshino.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat & three zone ride conversion modules for for 2Box Drumit Five

Comment

• Looks like they have final pricing on the Jobeky site, £579.17 which google translates to 813.91 US Dollars. If that's true then its a great price point. I'll wait and see what any US dealers post as the price unless someone has more info on this or link to a dealer in the US that is taking orders...
                                Say hello to the world’s first drum module with an Open Sound Architecture and a Universal Trigger Interface. Play any pad of your choice [NEW] The original DrumIt concept was a truly ground breaking and new sensation in electronic drums when introduced. We are now taking this technology one step further and present the DrumIt …
                                Last edited by 96max5sp; 02-16-18, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X