No announcement yet.

Any News On The 2Box Drumit Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my ears the Drumit 3 did not sound like the Mimic or AD5 as far as quality. It sounded like data compression. The hi hats were harsh comparatively and many of the snares. It still sounds a lot better than a Roland module.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
      To my ears the Drumit 3 did not sound like the Mimic or AD5 as far as quality. It sounded like data compression. The hi hats were harsh comparatively and many of the snares. It still sounds a lot better than a Roland module.
      Not sure what you were hearing, but the Drumit Three is pretty much identical to the Drumit Five in the sample play back, type of files, same amount of memory, etc, no compressed format. As far as the Mimic ..... well in that case we are kind of comparing apples and oranges, and not just in pricing ....... you and I both know the Mimic with all it's features is in a class by itself presently as far as sound modules go...... I should qualify that with IMO .... but I think you would agree on that.

Last edited by JmanWord; 01-30-18, 11:00 PM.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by angr77 View Post
        Well...we are still waiting for the Mimic editor...(I will invest when it is released but I really wonder what is happening here.) and without...the Mimic is just a nice VST appliance. My fear is that the market have changed again before Mimic has a editor around.

Anders / www.zourman.com / Great Conversation Modules for 2box
        Again, we are getting off topic here, but I must disagree with your "nice VST appliance" comment. First off ..... this is a New module and like others .... for example you might want to review the early years of 2Box modules and kits .... new products often take some time to get the bugs worked out and have all the goodies included that you might want. I was one of the first people to work out ways to convert VST sounds for the 2Box module and Lustar's program certainly pushed the game forward by a long shot (he actually just took all the steps I had laid out for recording multi-velocity wavs and converting to dsnd and built a program around that for the earliest SDSE, which has evolved immensely since then) .... So a little patience is probably in order. But even if the Editor were never released the Mimic has no latency, no extra computer and interface to hook up to. A very convincing experience with pretty much all the power and Studio type features of a VST but without many of the draw backs. And I would agree with Peter, it is a much more rewarding experience compared to just triggering a VST. Hopefully they will release an Editor eventually, I have been assured they will not forget about that and cast it aside ..... and from talking to Slate I am sure they do have expansions in the making .... But all these things are just words on a page .... sitting down and actually playing a particular product makes it easier to have a valid opinion ...... well IMO. Now we should get back to the Drumit Three.
        Last edited by JmanWord; 01-30-18, 11:38 PM.
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Man, this company cannot make a deadline I am surprised they are still in business if not for for the fact it is still the only product to allow any VST to be loaded onto it and at a good price it but people will only take so much before moving on. They have stopped production of the Drumit 5 and their hardware, how are they not bankrupt by now with nothing to offer but triggers? If i was them i would at least keep the customers a little more informed especially since they fail to make any dates they post. Possibly announce the new features they are supposedly adding? Keep people interested. It has to be any day now and will make us all forget how frustrated we are with the release of this product.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

Not sure what you were hearing, but the Drumit Three is pretty much identical to the Drumit Five in the sample play back, type of files, same amount of memory, etc, no compressed format. As far as the Mimic ..... well in that case we are kind of comparing apples and oranges, and not just in pricing ....... you and I both know the Mimic with all it's features is in a class by itself presently as far as sound modules go...... I should qualify that with IMO .... but I think you would agree on that.
            The AD5 is pretty close in price. the toms sounds really good but I was surprised how many snares and all the hi hats sounded really harsh. Do you find the converted VST's sound the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

The AD5 is pretty close in price. the toms sounds really good but I was surprised how many snares and all the hi hats sounded really harsh. Do you find the converted VST's sound the same?
              It's funny, what you mentioned on the Hat sounds ..... Some of the Hi Hats in the Drumit Five hit me the same way, almost like they were recorded real close with no overhead/shimmer just harsh attack. That is actually what got me started in building sounds for the 2Box module. They do have some better sounding Hi Hats now though and snares. But you have to go into the module and dial through, plus there are lots of other downloadable snares and other Hi Hats available.

I have always found that VST sounds built for the 2Box sound great when running Direct Outs from the module for monitoring. Because that bypasses any module EQ or effects. And I imagine that is the same with the DI3. Whatever EQ (or things like Decay, Flange or Echol) are setup in the module need to be adjusted to taste or shutoff IMO when listening to the Headphones or Master Outs.... I'm not sure what sounds are loaded though in the Drumit Three as they have added some new stuff. But the Drumit Five .... or Drumit Three (I assume) can sound great. The amount of velocity layers is pretty impressive even on stock sounds ..... like 70-80 or even more velocity layers on the snare head for example .... I didn't play the Drumit Three when I was there on Thursday. The kit was just sitting there by itself with no one around .... about the same as most years .... it is kind of ridiculous the way they just do no real effort there to demo or sell it. I guess I should have just jumped on it, I normally ask someone first, but since there is usually no-one showing it or answering questions I should have jumped on it. But the modules themselves despite the terrible lack of marketing are pretty impressive. Whatever sounds they have on that ..... you can add to or replace them, even without VST built sounds there are now about 14GB of sounds available for download on the net, and should be more once the DI3 is released .....

Price range, the ATV aD5 and the Drumit Three will prolly be pretty close in range. Drumit Five has actually been available for $999 for a couple years with the right retailer, and the DI3 might be less than that, but prolly not when it first releases.

It is good to see Edrums finally seem to be moving forward at a quicker pace!

(Since this is a Drumit Three thread I don't want to keep harping on this .... But, there is just nothing IMO that equals the Mimic experience at present.)
              Last edited by JmanWord; 02-01-18, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

It's funny, what you mentioned on the Hat sounds ..... Some of the Hi Hats in the Drumit Five hit me the same way, almost like they were recorded real close with no overhead/shimmer just harsh attack. That is actually what got me started in building sounds for the 2Box module. They do have some better sounding Hi Hats now though and snares. But you have to go into the module and dial through, plus there are lots of other downloadable snares and other Hi Hats available.

I have always found that VST sounds built for the 2Box sound great when running Direct Outs from the module for monitoring. Because that bypasses any module EQ or effects. And I imagine that is the same with the DI3. Whatever EQ (or things like Decay, Flange or Echol) are setup in the module need to be adjusted to taste or shutoff IMO when listening to the Headphones or Master Outs.... I'm not sure what sounds are loaded though in the Drumit Three as they have added some new stuff. But the Drumit Five .... or Drumit Three (I assume) can sound great. The amount of velocity layers is pretty impressive even on stock sounds ..... like 70-80 or even more velocity layers on the snare head for example .... I didn't play the Drumit Three when I was there on Thursday. The kit was just sitting there by itself with no one around .... about the same as most years .... it is kind of ridiculous the way they just do no real effort there to demo or sell it. I guess I should have just jumped on it, I normally ask someone first, but since there is usually no-one showing it or answering questions I should have jumped on it. But the modules themselves despite the terrible lack of marketing are pretty impressive. Whatever sounds they have on that ..... you can add to or replace them, even without VST built sounds there are now about 14GB of sounds available for download on the net, and should be more once the DI3 is released .....

Price range, the ATV aD5 and the Drumit Three will prolly be pretty close in range. Drumit Five has actually been available for $999 for a couple years with the right retailer, and the DI3 might be less than that, but prolly not when it first releases.

It is good to see Edrums finally seem to be moving forward at a quicker pace!

(Since this is a Drumit Three thread I don't want to keep harping on this .... But, there is just nothing IMO that equals the Mimic experience at present.)
                The toms sounded really good and a module like this should put an end to Roland at this price point unless they make some drastic changes. It was weird where 1 snare would sound good and one pretty bad. I guess it was a style of sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post
                  Man, this company cannot make a deadline I am surprised they are still in business if not for for the fact it is still the only product to allow any VST to be loaded onto it and at a good price it but people will only take so much before moving on. They have stopped production of the Drumit 5 and their hardware, how are they not bankrupt by now with nothing to offer but triggers? If i was them i would at least keep the customers a little more informed especially since they fail to make any dates they post. Possibly announce the new features they are supposedly adding? Keep people interested. It has to be any day now and will make us all forget how frustrated we are with the release of this product.
                  Man oh Man alright!@! . i majored in marketing at Uni....and let me tell you, this company makes a PERFECT case study on how NOT to do marketing !!!!! they dont do anything right, they dont do 1 facet of marketing at all. in fact they are they are the anti-marketers...... they dont promote their products or inform the market... they ignore their potential clients, wont answer questions, put off deadlines for 2 yrs, release products WAY ahead of their release date, and generally piss off the potential customers and whatever base they have left.

If not for you technical types, saying this is great box, i guess i'd be going Roland. such a shame. 2Box are clueless when it comes to marketing and communications.

I'm buying a Jobeky Kit with a Drummit3. worst of the worst when it comes to a marketing combo.... as Jobeky are nearly as bad 2Box when it comes to getting info or communications. sadly.

oh well, i really only want 5-6 GREAT sounding kits... forget the other 99 kits of rubbish all modules load. if i can load directly into this module, then thats the selling/buying point for me.

re editors and all that, me dont need. Me just want a few great sounding kits to play drums on. and with importable VST's .. ill get exactly that. i hope anyway. !
                  Last edited by rodhuy; 02-01-18, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• BTW - as usual, the DR3 was meant to be in production and released by mid to end Jan. well its now Feb. any news of shipments ?????? i doubt it ! wondering if their old Facebook post was just a scam. hope not coz i need a module soon @! like in 4-5 weeks.

Comment

• they know people who want a '2box' are going to buy a 2box anyway.. there is a 'sure' market that'll wait.. same as there is a sure market for mimic pro..
                      and let's face it, 2box is pretty flexible, you can build your own multi-layered sounds, or convert them, split them, change them around, and for less than
                      1000 bucks, only weak points I found (imo) is the real basic trigger settings and the audio convertors (module) seem to have different sample freq than
                      any source where you get it from.. this stands out with cymbals and toms (still usable ofcourse, but different sounding than source samples)
                      I've got converted sounds from bfd-2, superior 2 (ezx's) , steven slate, abbey road .. they all sound slightly different .. selected 5 different kits.. and that's all I need ..

Comment

• Originally posted by rodhuy View Post

I'm buying a Jobeky Kit with a Drummit3.

!
                        Me too! Wondering which one is the first to be ready to ship out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
                          they know people who want a '2box' are going to buy a 2box anyway.. there is a 'sure' market that'll wait..
                          I guess you're highly overestimating the number of potential customers in this niche market. There's a ratio 'a-drums : e-drums', and then 'e-drums : 2box', thus a falling exponential.
                          Last edited by sascha; 02-01-18, 09:55 AM.
                          MarkDrum YES e-kit (+1 crash, Double Kick), modified HH (DIY hall-sensor based circuit)
                          Gibraltar 9607NL-DP Legless Hi Hat
                          Gibraltar Intruder Double Pedal
                          ATH-M40fs + M40x + SRH440 Phones

Comment

• For those commenting on the 2box drumit 3ís sounds, I recall that 2box said earlier that the 3 will have a brand new set of artist kits, such as Simon Phillips. We should probably reserve judgement on sound quality until we have a chance to hear them.
                            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by sascha View Post
                              I guess you're highly overestimating the number of potential customers in this niche market.
                              i didn't say the word 'big' anywhere ? seems 2box is fine with a smaller market.. they're not in any way pressed to find 'more' customers, judging by their website, advertising and promotions (on namm) ..

Comment

• You have special insights of this company, figures, market share? Please share.
                                As a dev in the MI business I can safely say these days nobody can afford to not gain new customers.
                                MarkDrum YES e-kit (+1 crash, Double Kick), modified HH (DIY hall-sensor based circuit)
                                Gibraltar 9607NL-DP Legless Hi Hat
                                Gibraltar Intruder Double Pedal
                                ATH-M40fs + M40x + SRH440 Phones

Comment

Working...
                                X