Any News On The 2Box Drumit Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
    Don't get excited guys. Those pictures of the module are just a cardboard model of a drum module, lol. I think for the price, it is going to be a hell of a module. I am on my 3rd 2 box module, never owned the rest of the kit . I waited almost 9 months for the first one!
    True about the outer box images, perhaps, but did you notice the photos of the PCB from the 2Box fB page noted above. They are genuine photos of the inner hardware so it seems they are very close to launch.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• NO SD Card according to @box support ! if the Dr5 had it?? did it?? then pity they didnt include it in the Dr3 !

Comment

• Originally posted by rodhuy View Post
        NO SD Card according to @box support ! if the Dr5 had it?? did it?? then pity they didnt include it in the Dr3 !
        The Drumit 5 doesn't have an external SD Card slot either.
        Last edited by jpsquared482; 01-18-18, 08:41 PM.
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by rodhuy View Post
          NO SD Card according to @box support ! if the Dr5 had it?? did it?? then pity they didnt include it in the Dr3 !
          I'm assuming you mean external SD card slot? The Di5 has an internal one which most users attached an extender to and routed outside of the unit.
          If it doesn't have expandable memory beyond the stock 4GB then that's a deal breaker.
          Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums

Comment

• I just want to make sure some of the guys on here understands what this thing can do. If it was just another drum module with pre loaded sounds big woop. The big freaking deal here is that you will now be able to have a kit that sounds better than any 7,000$ V-drum or e-kit out there! BECAUSE we are able to load on kits and sounds from top of the line drum software "steve slate, addictive drums, etc" to our modules. And the MAIN reason roland and others are so expensive is the drum sounds are only as good as the module, and that module is no where near as powerful as a desktop pc or laptop. THATS why drum programs sound SO much better than stand alone modules! Thats why everyone has been hooking their modules up via midi to their pc's to use VST's. pain in the ass NOW we can put these on this new module coming out and sound bad ass without the midi hassle! Thats why the new Pearl Mimic sounds better than anything out because its simply a vst "steve slate" program loaded onto a module. So I'm very excited to get this new box and download my customized badass drum sets tothe module and I will hook them up to my real drum set using the new Roland triggers along with Roland mesh heads and play my real kit and will sound amazing and recording will be so much easier from now on. And the fact that its universal and we can use whatever pad or trigger system is amazing.
            I know most of y'all out there know this but some people still don't realize what a change in electronic drums this is going to be in a couple of years the whole Market is going to look a lot different

Comment

• I was with the person that does the sounds for the Mimic today at NAMM. The Mimic is not just SSD5 in a module. It is more advanced than all VSTs . He said it is designed to Mimic the resonance of drums as opposed to just polyphony of samples . The hi hat has 4000 steps as opposed to 127 in MIDI.

Comment

• Hmm...are we not a bit off topic here for this thread? :-) Interesting discussion but what has it to do with DrumIt Three?

However, I do believe the “Three” is near to start shipping. ;-)

Best regards

Anders / Www.zourman.com / hi-hat & 3 zones ride conversion module + samples for 2box
                Last edited by angr77; 01-28-18, 04:54 AM.
                Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkdallas View Post
                  THATS why drum programs sound SO much better than stand alone modules! Thats why everyone has been hooking their modules up via midi to their pc's to use VST's. pain in the ass NOW we can put these on this new module coming out and sound bad ass without the midi hassle! Thats why the new Pearl Mimic sounds better than anything out because its simply a vst "steve slate" program loaded onto a module. So I'm very excited to get this new box and download my customized badass drum sets to the module and I will hook them up to my real drum set using the new Roland triggers along with Roland mesh heads and play my real kit and will sound amazing
                  one more thing to realise : it depends what audio filters and convertors are used in the drumit 3.. as (some of) you know, most sounds from vst's converted and loaded into 2box drumit 5 sound totally different.. not like when voiced through pc audio .. so.. we'll just have to wait and listen ..

Comment

• Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                    Hmm...are we not a bit off topic here for this thread? :-) Interesting discussion but what has it to do with DrumIt Three?

However, I do believe the “Three” is near to start shipping. ;-)

Best regards

Anders / Www.zourman.com / hi-hat & 3 zones ride conversion module + samples for 2box
                    Anders, you seem to be very close to the actual news about Drumit 3. How soon will it be shipping and where - EU first?
                    Last edited by jpsquared482; 01-29-18, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• It was a esponse the the post right above mine. I should have quoted.

Comment

• I played the Drumit 3 in the Hoshino booth. The stock kits don't sound in the same league as far as audio quality as the AD5 and Mimic to me. Everything played fine although I don't love the 2 box pads. It was a smart move to make it compatible with others. It seems like a great module for the price with the import feature. A couple of the snares sounded good and the toms are impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                          I played the Drumit 3 in the Hoshino booth. The stock kits don't sound in the same league as far as audio quality as the AD5 and Mimic to me. Everything played fine although I don't love the 2 box pads. It was a smart move to make it compatible with others. It seems like a great module for the price with the import feature. A couple of the snares sounded good and the toms are impressive.
                          So basically the best use for drumit 3 is using your personal favorite pads and triggers and loading on your personal favorite vst's to get the most out if it. But is lime Ericdrumz said above that it depends on what converters and filters they use as far as what the vstd sound like. So maybe we still are a couple of years away from having total flexibility. I guess my own personal dream is to have something like the Pearl mimic but also being able to load your own vsts versus being stuck with the preloaded program on there and that the vsts sounded exactly like what the program intended for them to sound like. But i am going to give Drumit 3 a shot for sure if it comes out this decade haha

Comment

• It amazes me that not one video has been posted of the Drumit 3 at NAMM. 2Box hasn't even taken the time to posted anything on their FB page. How does a company like this survive in todays highly competitive MI market?
                            ATV aDrums, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkdallas View Post
                              I guess my own personal dream is to have something like the Pearl mimic but also being able to load your own vsts versus being stuck with the preloaded program on there and that the vsts sounded exactly like what the program intended for them to sound like.
                              Well the sound are related to the construction, at first place 2box don't use burr brown converter like mimic and all inside tech, eventually, with mimic you will able to imports multilayered instruments inside mimic with sdse or your own wav source, record or payware, with the same quality as original, once the multilayered editor is out for mimic, more important, you will able to edit individually all instruments eq, reverb, attack, sustain release, all articulation etc.. which you can't do with 2box
                              Last edited by Chris K; 01-30-18, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Well...we are still waiting for the Mimic editor...(I will invest when it is released but I really wonder what is happening here.) and without...the Mimic is just a nice VST appliance. My fear is that the market have changed again before Mimic has a editor around.

Anders / www.zourman.com / Great Conversation Modules for 2box
                                Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X