No announcement yet.

Any News On The 2Box Drumit Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers guys I'll look at the link. I'm not too bothered about outputs it's just trigger ins that matter as I have 5 toms and 5 cymbals including ride + kick snare and hi-hat
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• Just to clarify on the inputs. The 3 cymbal inputs on the Drumit Three are marked A and B. Those B inputs were added to support 3 zone rides with 2 outputs. So I don't think you will be able to use those as separate inputs for adding additional pads or cymbals just the Bell side of a two jack 3 zone ride, but we will have to wait and see, On some Roland modules like the TD-12/20/30 for example you can setup the Bell input of the module to support a separate cymbal, but other Roland modules can only use the Bell input for a Roland style 3 zone cymbal (bell jack). So we will have to see how the 2Box handles it. All the tom inputs are splittable though using a common insert cable. And all 3 cymbal inputs support 3 zone cymbals. 2Box already has Bell sounds on Crashes in the Drumit Five by the way.
      Last edited by JmanWord; 08-16-17, 12:17 PM.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
        Just to clarify on the inputs. The 3 cymbal inputs on the Drumit Three are marked A and B. Those B inputs were added to support 3 zone rides with 2 outputs. So I don't think you will be able to use those as separate inputs for adding additional pads or cymbals just the Bell side of a two jack 3 zone ride, but we will have to wait and see, On some Roland modules like the TD-12/20/30 for example you can setup the Bell input of the module to support a separate cymbal, but other Roland modules can only use the Bell input for a Roland style 3 zone cymbal (bell jack). So we will have to see how the 2Box handles it. All the tom inputs are splittable though using a common insert cable. And all 3 cymbal inputs support 3 zone cymbals. 2Box already has Bell sounds on Crashes in the Drumit Five by the way.
        It would be awesome if that can used as an extra input. Thinking out loud, but if it can only be used for the bell input of a 3 zone of a cymbal, if you configure a cymbal in SDSE so that the bell zone triggers a cowbell or whatever sound you want and plug some other single zone pad into it...does it just not work? How does is know its the bell of a cymbal and not just some other pad? I am ignorant of how that all works and trying to think if there is any way around it.

Comment

• I suspect not enough trigger inputs for what I have. I don't want to split inputs and lose rims. Ah well probably the mimic for me but not for a while as SD3 upgrade first
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post

It would be awesome if that can used as an extra input. Thinking out loud, but if it can only be used for the bell input of a 3 zone of a cymbal, if you configure a cymbal in SDSE so that the bell zone triggers a cowbell or whatever sound you want and plug some other single zone pad into it...does it just not work? How does is know its the bell of a cymbal and not just some other pad? I am ignorant of how that all works and trying to think if there is any way around it.
            As Jman said...we need to check this when the D3 is delivered. The scenario used by Roland modules to handle a 3zone ride is the piezo itself creates one zone. The bell is a switch...but uses the same bow piezo to determine the amplitude​​​​​​ of a hit. So if just use the bell switch alone on a Roland module won't create a sound. Same thing with the edge trigger...which also is a switch. It uses the bow.

But we don't know how the D3 3 Zone is implemented...it could well be the fact that all three zones are separate and that you could choose trigger type individually. All I can say from a session a year ago in the 2box lab with D3 was it was working very well.

Question: Would anybody be interested in a Roland 3 zone solution for the current Drumit 5?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
            Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Originally posted by angr77 View Post

As Jman said...we need to check this when the D3 is delivered. The scenario used by Roland modules to handle a 3zone ride is the piezo itself creates one zone. The bell is a switch...but uses the same bow piezo to determine the amplitude​​​​​​ of a hit. So if just use the bell switch alone on a Roland module won't create a sound. Same thing with the edge trigger...which also is a switch. It uses the bow.

But we don't know how the D3 3 Zone is implemented...it could well be the fact that all three zones are separate and that you could choose trigger type individually. All I can say from a session a year ago in the 2box lab with D3 was it was working very well.

Question: Would anybody be interested in a Roland 3 zone solution for the current Drumit 5?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
              Ah ok, thanks, didn't realize it was a switch.

I would be interested in a 3 zone solution for the 2box drumit 5 as long as the solution isn't too bulky. It would save me from having to buy the 3 so I can use the new atv cymbals

Comment

• Originally posted by molson View Post

I'm not a fan of the on-board sounds overall but that seems to be the minority opinion. Importing was much better, although never quite up to the quality of playback through the original VST. I know this has been discussed a lot on the 2Box forum - some people seem to notice it and others not at all. I also only own a couple of VST's so can't speak for many of them.

What you don't like on on board sound variety or quality sample?

Edit: just saw it on another thread "Many of the 2Box samples have substantial background hiss which I can't stand."

Last edited by Chris K; 08-17-17, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post

Ah ok, thanks, didn't realize it was a switch.

I would be interested in a 3 zone solution for the 2box drumit 5 as long as the solution isn't too bulky. It would save me from having to buy the 3 so I can use the new atv cymbals
                  Good to know! We will see in the near future about this.

What is background hiss?

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com / hi-hat conversion adapters for 2box
                  Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                    seems that the Drumit three is getting ready....
                    on the 2Box and Jobeky Drums Facebook page there is a post that announces the testing of the new Drumit 3 with the Jobeky ekit.... for the next UK Drum Show!
                    Good news....!

Comment

• Originally posted by violaole View Post
                      Hi Guys,
                      on the 2Box and Jobeky Drums Facebook page there is a post that announces the testing of the new Drumit 3 with the Jobeky ekit.... for the next UK Drum Show!
                      Good news....!

Beat me to it, was just going to post this

I was getting worried this was going to become vaporware. Does anybody know if the 2box HiHat will work with the Drumit 3? It would make sense to me but wanted to make sure.
                      Last edited by 96max5sp; 08-25-17, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• The 2box hi-hat will also work fine on the D3.

Best regards

anders / www.zourman.com / hi-hat conversion moduler for 2box.

Comment

The 2box hi-hat will also work fine on the D3.

Best regards

anders / www.zourman.com / hi-hat conversion moduler for 2box.
                          Ah ok, thanks!!

Comment

What is background hiss?
                            Low level white noise in the device that cannot be eliminated.
                            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by violaole View Post
                              Hi Guys,
                              Good news....!

Great to hear. Thanks. For those interested, the UK Drum Show is Sept 23-24 - just 4 weeks until we see a D3 demo.
                              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

Low level white noise in the device that cannot be eliminated.
                                In my case I didn't have a problem with any background noise from the device itself, but rather some of the stock samples seem to have a high noise floor that I found annoying.
                                Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums

Comment

Working...
                                X