Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any News On The 2Box Drumit Three?

Hi Guys,

It was mentioned elsewhere and on YouTube videos from Musikmesse that the Drumit 3 (or is that Drumit Three?) would be coming out "late Summer 2015". Has anyone heard an update on when it will be released? Expected pricing is to be 700-750 euros. (~$770 USD). Has that been confirmed?

Thanks,
    JP
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

I wrote 2box a couple weeks ago, they replied that they have no release date yet. I got tired of waiting and bought the 5. After seeing how useful all the buttons and dials are, I'm glad I bought one, I can't imagine having a less convenient user interface.
    2Box Drumit5, DIY 12" Snare, 12" Floor Tom, 2x10" Toms. Acoustic cymbals w/DIY triggers, Triggera Krigg, Tama Iron Cobra Kick and Tama Roadpro HH stand. Tennis Ball Riser (not needed now I have the Krigg lol).

Comment

Me? I've waited too long to give in and buy the Drumit 5. I want to be captivated by edrums all over again, when the Drumit 3 comes out.

But can we have some *bit* of news, this month... please 2box... anything!
      ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
      Community Drum Module Document
      PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Anyone heard anything further on the 2Box Three?

Comment

Well, it is hard to remember where I saw it, a forum, Facebook .... ? don't remember, but the news was pretty simple. Still no definite release date, maybe toward the end of the year. But, in the past 2Box has been somewhat slow in getting the new stuff shown at NAMM or Musikmesse to "the store". I think it will materialize, but don't sit on the edge of your chair.
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Just found something interesting...

While I was taking a look at the Drumit three videos available, I stumbled on a russian guy holding the HH cymbal from the Drumit Three... I realised that the cymbals are exactly the ones I found from HXM drums, from Thailand, and the one HH pad I have at home now!

I think I will send another email to my new friend in Thailand! Trying to get a scoop!

See the pics, both screen captures from the Drumit Three video, and the HXM HD-012 video. Same cymbals.

DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Alesis, Kat, DDrum, "Simmons" (GC) are all getting their kits built in Asia .... heck probably Yamaha and Roland too. So, whether HXM built those cymbals or another factory I'm sure they can be built to the brand/specs required. As far as I know in the past Medeli was building a lot of these kits for the brands mentioned, and those had specs compatible for Roland/Alesis style modules for example. I think the latest DDrum 5 kit has a 3 zone cymbal using one input similar to how Yamaha does it.
              Last edited by JmanWord; 08-20-15, 02:44 PM.
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Just had confirmation that the HXM ride is a piezo-switch-switch, with only one cable input for the 3 zones, a la Yamaha, Alesis, ...
                Would need the mod to make it work 3 zones on a Roland style input.
                DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Hi,

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone has any news on the Drumit Three???

Thanks,
                  JP

Comment

Does anyone know anything about this release yet?

Comment

Ok so I've emailed 2Box directly and asked about a release date for the Drumit 3.

They responded by saying they don't have a release date yet. I then replied and asked if it would be before summer 2016, after summer 2016 or 2017!

They replied it would be before summer 2016.

Hope this info is of use to people.

Comment

I have to admit, this new DrumItThree module doesn't interest me much. It seems like nothing more than a stripped down DrumItFive module. Seems like a waste of 2Box's development resources.

The D5 is already very reasonably priced. The problem with 2Box isn't price. Rather, it's poor representation at shops and distribution channels. I've been watching the D5 and D5 kit for over a decade. Development has been crazy-slow, but the big thing is I still can't walk into a local shop and try one out. Ditto for every other drummer I know. This kills any chance of sales for 2Box.

2Box can forget the D3 and focus on better distribution and faster development of the D5, and be much better off. I myself would have bought a D5 if it was easy to get at a shop and if it offered 100% support for Roland and Yamaha pads.

Comment

I agree that 2Box is slow with its development and distribution is useless. However, if the rumours are true and the DI3 is extremely competitively priced it will still attract a large following I suspect, especially after Roland's pathetic attempt in the TD25 and closed source approach to modules.

Comment

Thanks for doing that Kenny.

If 2box does nothing else with the DI3, I hope they do something to officially support SDHC memory cards up to 32gb.
                            ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                            Community Drum Module Document
                            PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Will people buy it here in the US if they can't have mesh heads due to Roland's patent stronghold? The module may be good but Americans probably won't buy an all rubber-head kit in large masses, will they?
                              Owner of TD11K. Pearl P900 bass pedal. Vater Sugar Maple Super Jazz sticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X