Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10 vs.TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 vs.TD-8

Hello all,
    Here's my thought. Currently I have 2 td-10s w\tdw-1 cards installed. I am thinking of trading one of the TD-10's for a TD-8. I am using one TD-10 for the primary kit and the second one for added triggers. i.e, extra tom, 2 cymbals, H-hammer and a multi pad. I think I could do this with the TD-8 also but also have addtional sounds and sequences to play with.(1200 vs.600) Any input to this would be appreciated. Hang on to both TD-10s? Go with a TD-8 for variety? I know there is a difference in price between the 2 but because I was fortunate enough to get them at a great price I may trade across and spread some fortune.If it can be justified.
    Anyway, thanks in advance.
    This sight has been an education for me.
    K

------------------
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

Since you already have the TDW-1 expansion boards installed, having a larger sequencer is the only advantage I can think about.
    Robert

Comment

DIDO, the patterns are a big plus with the td-8. If that's the only reason for the trade I'd have to think hard over that one . My buddy bought a Td-8 via e-mail from ...I think it was Drumn4J that used to come here, anyway I recorded some of the patterns into cakewalk so I can use them without having to buy a td-8. They are both good modules but in the end it's all up to you.

------------------
      ~REDMAN~
      ~REDMAN~

Comment

I'd be willing to trade my TD-8 for a TD-10

Comment

Why?

------------------
          Kyle Davids
          Lefty's Hip Pocket
          My Inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by Sky10:
            Why?
            I would like the TD-10 because...
            • I'm trying to convince my girl that I really need the V-Cymbals and the TD-8 can not take advantage of the 3-trigger capabilities.
            • The extra outputs (8 vs 4).
            • The expandability.

I love my TD-8 because it has lots of kits, sounds & patterns. I don't have any experience with the TD-10, so I can't really compare them...

Comment

Thanks Much Harlock,
              Thats why I was questioning whether it really made sense for me to have the two 10s. For one, I don't have the V cymbals and I'm just using the second one for the percussion pads, a couple of cymbals and a tom. But from what little I know about the 8 the features I was interested in were the extra sequences and additional sounds. Perhaps an 8 and some cash. I'm willing to hear from offers?
              Either way, Thanks for the replies guys.

I just picked up a drumkat to hook to my DM-5. I'm thinking that I could use it to play out cause dam if I can move this rig now!
              http://members.home.net/playing-drums/Kit.jpg

------------------
              Kyle Davids
              Lefty's Hip Pocket
              My Inspiration

Comment

Working...
              X