Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10 vs.TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 vs.TD-8

Hello all,
    Here's my thought. Currently I have 2 td-10s w\tdw-1 cards installed. I am thinking of trading one of the TD-10's for a TD-8. I am using one TD-10 for the primary kit and the second one for added triggers. i.e, extra tom, 2 cymbals, H-hammer and a multi pad. I think I could do this with the TD-8 also but also have addtional sounds and sequences to play with.(1200 vs.600) Any input to this would be appreciated. Hang on to both TD-10s? Go with a TD-8 for variety? I know there is a difference in price between the 2 but because I was fortunate enough to get them at a great price I may trade across and spread some fortune.If it can be justified.
    Anyway, thanks in advance.
    This sight has been an education for me.
    K

------------------
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

Since you already have the TDW-1 expansion boards installed, having a larger sequencer is the only advantage I can think about.
    Robert

Comment

DIDO, the patterns are a big plus with the td-8. If that's the only reason for the trade I'd have to think hard over that one . My buddy bought a Td-8 via e-mail from ...I think it was Drumn4J that used to come here, anyway I recorded some of the patterns into cakewalk so I can use them without having to buy a td-8. They are both good modules but in the end it's all up to you.

------------------
      ~REDMAN~
      ~REDMAN~

Comment

I'd be willing to trade my TD-8 for a TD-10

Comment

Why?

------------------
          Kyle Davids
          Lefty's Hip Pocket
          My Inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by Sky10:
            Why?
            I would like the TD-10 because...
            • I'm trying to convince my girl that I really need the V-Cymbals and the TD-8 can not take advantage of the 3-trigger capabilities.
            • The extra outputs (8 vs 4).
            • The expandability.

I love my TD-8 because it has lots of kits, sounds & patterns. I don't have any experience with the TD-10, so I can't really compare them...

Comment

Thanks Much Harlock,
              Thats why I was questioning whether it really made sense for me to have the two 10s. For one, I don't have the V cymbals and I'm just using the second one for the percussion pads, a couple of cymbals and a tom. But from what little I know about the 8 the features I was interested in were the extra sequences and additional sounds. Perhaps an 8 and some cash. I'm willing to hear from offers?
              Either way, Thanks for the replies guys.

I just picked up a drumkat to hook to my DM-5. I'm thinking that I could use it to play out cause dam if I can move this rig now!
              http://members.home.net/playing-drums/Kit.jpg

------------------
              Kyle Davids
              Lefty's Hip Pocket
              My Inspiration

Comment

Working...
              X