Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Life With a 2Box or ( The real truth about the 2Box from my perspective)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The advantage of 2box and many layers are to avoid machine gunning, instruments tonality with expressiveness, dynamic sound range according to your physical force and speed of playing, all others module fails In this area, these are the most essential for sound and realism, for ALL music style, all these useless and goofy hyped market feature don't do anything. This module even in 2009 and old, still the best sounded module and best bang for the buck without doubt as we speak today, hot spot with this module never been any issue.

I still think newer and modern module should able to imports many layers as options simply because no company will ever able to fill customers needs\preference from drum to percussion, own sample and production etc.. it will take like 20 years of recording even more..hopefully newer module in 2017 will do this with more complete advanced technologies module, from universal triggering, better hi-hat, editing and studio ready Internal sound quality.
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-09-17, 10:57 PM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
      hot spot with this module never been any issue.
      OK, that's an interesting one. By this, do you mean "Roland pads, like PD-120, do not experience the hotspot issue when used with 2box DrumIt 5"?
      Hope you say yes, so I can add one more plus on the module page: https://sites.google.com/site/alensm.../edrums/drumit.
      https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...44011-my-kit-s

Comment

There are no hot spots on the 2Box pads, since they have triggers nearby the RIM and not in the centre.
        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by alensiljak View Post

OK, that's an interesting one. By this, do you mean "Roland pads, like PD-120, do not experience the hotspot issue when used with 2box DrumIt 5"?
          Hope you say yes, so I can add one more plus on the module page: https://sites.google.com/site/alensm.../edrums/drumit.
          The hot spot are Roland created this issue with their design, use any others pad with side trigger on mesh or DIY there is no hot spot. But there is some setting to avoid hotspot.
          Last edited by Chris K; 01-10-17, 10:31 AM.
          Regards
          Chris K

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
            The hot spot are Roland created this issue with their design, use any others pad there is no hot spot. But there is some setting to avoid hotspot.
            OK, got it. Simply, this is caused by the pad design and having the physical hot-spot in the middle.
            For the moment I hoped there was something to circumvent this in DrumIt 5, since you said "hot spot with this *module* never been any issue".
            No worries, I'm aware of a few ways to avoid hotspots. The main being using a larger pad (12") to enlarge the playing area.

Funny, I never noticed the hotspot issue with PDX-100 even though they apparently have the cone in the middle also.
            PDX-8 is good as the cone is on the side. So, I'm experiencing this only with the PD-120.
            https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...44011-my-kit-s

Comment

Originally posted by alensiljak View Post

OK, got it. Simply, this is caused by the pad design and having the physical hot-spot in the middle.
              For the moment I hoped there was something to circumvent this in DrumIt 5, since you said "hot spot with this *module* never been any issue".
              No worries, I'm aware of a few ways to avoid hotspots. The main being using a larger pad (12") to enlarge the playing area.

Funny, I never noticed the hotspot issue with PDX-100 even though they apparently have the cone in the middle also.
              PDX-8 is good as the cone is on the side. So, I'm experiencing this only with the PD-120.
              14" even less, the whole thing with the cone in the middle was only for the position sensing with Roland flagship, who really mess with position sensing on the toms seriously, its funny because 99% on edrum performance in youtube you never see the utility of PS and this include all performance of all roland sponsors since decade, this feature is likely never used from drummer in most case, and can only be audible with very quiet song, they should used reverse ps like addictive drum to allow side trigger with Ps. As example Jman did his own stealth triggers , did you think he really missed machine gun synth hot spotted receipt since, not a single sec, this is why he got away from Roland.
              Last edited by Chris K; 01-10-17, 04:39 PM.
              Regards
              Chris K

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                I agree, there are plenty of opinions by 2Box users and of course many of them at the Unofficial 2Box forum. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php
                I've been using the 2Box module for over 5 years now and my experience is still quite positive. Just as a side note, one comment by the OP about there not being a user manual shipped with the 2Box module .... That is not true, the user manual and other info is shipped with the 2Box module. It is inside the module via PDF file. Just hook up USB to the PC and copy the docs to your computer.

Also, this module will not become obsolete really no matter what new modules come out this year. Since it is an "open sound source" system that plays huge amounts of real sampled drums with large amounts of velocity layers ..... any and all of the sounds can be changed at will, that means it will still be relevant as it has been since it's release. Unlike most modules you are not stuck with what it comes loaded with.
                It was more about finding out if the OP ever figured things out. I think some of us felt like we were following a TV series and when we got to the cliffhanger episode, it just ended...

I think there has been plenty of evidence that 2box is a good module.
                . . . . . . . . . .
                V stage with TD20 and TDW-20, pd-80s, pd-7s, pd-125, vh-12, cy-12rc, dB 405 L and Yorkville LS 700p
                Core2duo in a Cube with 2 gig of RAM and 2 HDDs, Sonar Producer 6, DFHS Custom and Vintage, and RME Multiface II

"Make me an instrument of your peace..."

Comment

Working...
                X