Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Life With a 2Box or ( The real truth about the 2Box from my perspective)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kjob3022 View Post
    Hi JManWord,did you ever check out the 2 box with roland pd -105/128s/kd-120? and if not,what would you suggest for a trigger-the 2box pads or something else.I myself am thinking of selling my 4 month old TD-30 module for something else
    I use all my own drums and cymbals, but plenty of others are using Roland pads with no problems.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

The Sound On Sound review I posted is from 2011 and they were astounded by the 2Box presets back then. As I recall, the first time I demoed the 2Box DrumIt Five was a few years earlier, so probably around 2009. The presets sounded pretty good back then, too... much better than those of the flagship Roland and Yamaha modules at the time. What mostly put me off the 2Box kit at that time was: (1) The operating system clearly wasn't finished, with lots of placeholders for functions coming in the future; (2) The rack and other hardware were very flimsy; (3) No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the rack-connected bass drum in a comfortable playing position; and (4) The plastic rims of the pads seemed susceptible to easy breakage - indeed, all the pads I tried had detached and/or broken rims.

Comment

Thanks,I think I'm going to get one and hook-up all my cables from the TD-30 to the corresponding 2box jacks,If anyone knows if some tweaks are good,please let me know.Thanks,Kenny
        1-td-30module,1-,pd128sbc,3-pd-105,1-pd120wh,2-cy-8,1-td10EXP. module- DDRUM4 SE STEALTH MESH HEAD/BLACK POWDER RACK,2 BEHRINGER 2031A MONITORS,KRK 10"SUB/BEHRINGER 1204 MIXER,VIC FIRTH/VATER

Comment

Originally posted by kjob3022 View Post
          Thanks,I think I'm going to get one and hook-up all my cables from the TD-30 to the corresponding 2box jacks,If anyone knows if some tweaks are good,please let me know.Thanks,Kenny
          You might want to start a thread at the 2Box forum asking specific setup questions when you setup. If you plan on using the 2Box for Hi Hat that will require the original 2Box Hi Hat or a special adapter box for other brand E Hi Hat cymbals. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
          J
          Last edited by JmanWord; 06-18-15, 11:27 AM.
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I've thought of doing the same thing kjob, but I do believe you will have an issue with the hi-hat just doing that.
            TD-30 module with a TD-20SX kit into a JBL PRX615M stage monitor. DW9000 series hi-hat and double bass pedal. Now using a modified "Nashville" kit on the TD-30.

My old band's Youtube Channel: Project Mayhem, all TD-20 mixes.

Comment

Kjob, you have to list your first impressions here when you get it. I am very interested.

Comment

Oh, come on. This is like reading a good story with no ending. What happens in the end? Does he win the girl? Does he save the world? WTH?
                What was the issue with the module, after all?!
                TD-11 + TD-4 with a few pads and cymbals.
                https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...44011-my-kit-s
                https://sites.google.com/view/open-source-drum-module

Comment

Yah, what gives?

Comment

Follow up needed.
                    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
                    BBE Sonic Maximizer, Promark

Comment

Agreed! Doesn't anyone know what the heck happened.

though this rekindled my interest in the 2box. After watching some videos I can't believe ecm had functional module.

I was thinking about trying to get a td50 kit, but now I am leaning towards 2box.
                      . . . . . . . . . .
                      V stage with TD20 and TDW-20, pd-80s, pd-7s, pd-125, vh-12, cy-12rc, dB 405 L and Yorkville LS 700p
                      Core2duo in a Cube with 2 gig of RAM and 2 HDDs, Sonar Producer 6, DFHS Custom and Vintage, and RME Multiface II

"Make me an instrument of your peace..."

Comment

Hi all!

I think the 2box works and sounds fantastic. Even if there are some small things that could be improved, the design (from 2009) works extremely well. (Improvements Hi-hat, external SD access, midi over USB, support for other 3 way rides) But most of the limitations have been solved through the 2box forum and 2box open design.

The SDSE needs some knowledge and experience before you get used...but after have been transferring all ADpaks from Addictive Drums to my 32GB 2box SD card ... I can just say what a product!

A drummer friend asked if he could use my setup on a gig...hard to say no...I also became sound and light engineer on this gig...

What we did before the gig:
                        I invited my drummer friend to pick his kit in AD2 and select drums from all ADpaks. When he was ready...the whole kit was transferred to 2box using SDSE.

Result: https://youtu.be/-wplKWmXKUU

(6 audio channels recorded from 2box, a Sonor Safari kit with Remo Silent Stroke, Roland RT-10S triggers, Roland CY-cymbals, VH-11 and Zourman Hihat conversion module for 2box)

Regarding moving from Roland modules and still use your VH-xx hi-hat with 2box...check my hi-hat solution at www.zourman.com

best regards

Angr77
                        Last edited by angr77; 01-08-17, 05:32 AM.
                        Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                          Follow up needed.

Why should we?
                          This is just the opinion of 1 person
                          When I wasn't in for a new module I still would use the 2box
                          And when the company releases a new module at NAMM I will consider buying one again
                          Robert

Comment

here's an opinion of 1 more person :
                            i think 2box doesn't do enough for users who do not own vst's .. the last kits were added in 2015-ish .. on the download page..
                            people who do not own VST or SDSE are left hanging .. ..you can re-use your same cymbal set ups in many drum-kits ..
                            what is needed is a few more shell packs.. ..just toms and snare's ..make some customers happy again .. and make some 2017 shell packs ..

Comment

Agreed
                              2017 will be a crucial year for the one man company
                              Whether he comes up with a new module (we don.t need pads, only comptabilty) and new sounds, or the brand will fade away in the light of other companies. At NAMM or Musik Messe we know.
                              Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr View Post

Why should we?
                                This is just the opinion of 1 person
                                I agree, there are plenty of opinions by 2Box users and of course many of them at the Unofficial 2Box forum. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php
                                I've been using the 2Box module for over 5 years now and my experience is still quite positive. Just as a side note, one comment by the OP about there not being a user manual shipped with the 2Box module .... That is not true, the user manual and other info is shipped with the 2Box module. It is inside the module via PDF file. Just hook up USB to the PC and copy the docs to your computer.

Also, this module will not become obsolete really no matter what new modules come out this year. Since it is an "open sound source" system that plays huge amounts of real sampled drums with large amounts of velocity layers ..... any and all of the sounds can be changed at will, that means it will still be relevant as it has been since it's release. Unlike most modules you are not stuck with what it comes loaded with.
                                Last edited by JmanWord; 01-08-17, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X