Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on cheap (DIY!) stage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad karma
    replied
    Over the past (mumbles)years I have been playing,I have done some diy lights.Go to lowes,home depot,etc.,get the fitting,wire,screws,and some colored flood lights.yes,they do come colored without gell-paper.although your color selection is limited.
    Ah,I remember the lighting systems I used to have:
    fc150's.........foldgers crystals coffe can wtih 150 w light bulbs
    mh175's...maxwell house with...you get the picture...
    I also used some tin and pop rivets and made gell-paper holders and adjustable mounting to some of them.FANCY!
    well,some ideas.good luck!

[This message has been edited by bad karma (edited May 08, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• rudi-mint
    replied
    www.pssl.com Is the best place I have found. they have good prices and great service. I just purchased some par 64s and a controller from them. The have a package that has 4 par 64s, stand, dimmer pak, controller, and cords for 599. That would be a good start. BWT if you buy par cans, get the ones with the dys bulbs. They are much cheaper to replace ie. 11.99 compared to 30.00 for a 600 watt bulb.

good luck
    Kurt

Leave a comment:

• Oz DrumR
    started a topic Any advice on cheap (DIY!) stage lighting

Any advice on cheap (DIY!) stage lighting

I know this isn't directly (or really, even indirectly!) related to V Drums - But I know there is a lot of 'band' experience out there, and I do value all of your input.

I'm looking to knock up a simple (more importantly, CHEAP!) lighting rig for the band. I don't need anything fancy (yet!) - just some simple coloured spot / flood lighting - say 3 or 4 lamps.

Any suggestions? I know nothing about this area, I can just about manage changing a light bulb!

If any of you guys have rigged up anything yourselves, I'd be interested to know.

Cheers
Working...
X