Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any advice on cheap (DIY!) stage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice on cheap (DIY!) stage lighting

I know this isn't directly (or really, even indirectly!) related to V Drums - But I know there is a lot of 'band' experience out there, and I do value all of your input.

I'm looking to knock up a simple (more importantly, CHEAP!) lighting rig for the band. I don't need anything fancy (yet!) - just some simple coloured spot / flood lighting - say 3 or 4 lamps.

Any suggestions? I know nothing about this area, I can just about manage changing a light bulb!

If any of you guys have rigged up anything yourselves, I'd be interested to know.

Cheers
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

www.pssl.com Is the best place I have found. they have good prices and great service. I just purchased some par 64s and a controller from them. The have a package that has 4 par 64s, stand, dimmer pak, controller, and cords for 599. That would be a good start. BWT if you buy par cans, get the ones with the dys bulbs. They are much cheaper to replace ie. 11.99 compared to 30.00 for a 600 watt bulb.

good luck
    Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Over the past (mumbles)years I have been playing,I have done some diy lights.Go to lowes,home depot,etc.,get the fitting,wire,screws,and some colored flood lights.yes,they do come colored without gell-paper.although your color selection is limited.
      Ah,I remember the lighting systems I used to have:
      fc150's.........foldgers crystals coffe can wtih 150 w light bulbs
      mh175's...maxwell house with...you get the picture...
      I also used some tin and pop rivets and made gell-paper holders and adjustable mounting to some of them.FANCY!
      well,some ideas.good luck!

[This message has been edited by bad karma (edited May 08, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
      X