Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a CY12R/C as a primary crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a CY12R/C as a primary crash?

The CY8's in the used TD9 kit that I bought are starting to suck and I need to replace them.
    Does anyone use CY12R/C's hooked-up as dual-triggered crashes? (Sorry if this is a stupid question.)
    I would get two CY12C's but I located a pair of R/C's for decent price.
    Would there be any advantage to getting the CY12C's over the CY12R/C's if I'm only using two triggers?
    Last edited by Schlagzeuger; 04-21-15, 02:02 PM.

the cy12rc make a great 2 zone crashes. there's a fix for the cy8. simply replace the original 27mm piezo for a 35mm one. i did it and works great!
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

10-4 . I do know there is a fix - I just like the feel of the CY12 cymbals. (I have a CY12R/C that I am using as a three-trigger ride.)
      I was hoping to get opinions as to whether a CY12C would be more desirable over the R/C as a crash if one had to choose.

Comment

Its the same cymbal and will react the same, Just the "R/C" has a dual input and Is able to trigger the bell hooked up as a ride. I have 2 of them as primary crash cymbals.
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

On closer examination, the two R/C's were not as new as they appeared. I sprang for a pair of standard CY12C's for $24 more.

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
            the cy12rc make a great 2 zone crashes. there's a fix for the cy8. simply replace the original 27mm piezo for a 35mm one. i did it and works great!
            Is there a specific 35mm piezo I need to buy ? or will any 35mm one be ok ?

Comment

Yamaha PCY-130S [dual trigger], much cheaper if you could find some, perfect for crash trigger in Roland.

Comment

Originally posted by markSearson View Post

If your in the UK don't buy maplins piezos they are really bad, !

Comment

27mm
                  35mm

These are quality ones, that actually have a brand and a datasheet, from a specialized store. Some of the ones on eBay probably work equally but why take chances ? Farnell operate practically all around the world so should be easily accessible in most countries.
                  ATV aD5
                  Tama MetroJam mkII A2E

Comment

Originally posted by markSearson View Post

just read your post, i bought mine on ebay pre wired years ago, don't know the brand.
                    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
                    X