Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zynaptiq "Unmix::Drums" - Plugin to create your own drumless tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zynaptiq "Unmix::Drums" - Plugin to create your own drumless tracks

A new plugin being shown at Musikmesse. Unfortunately the guy is coy about the pricing, but it seems to be the answer to a drummer's prayers regarding creating drumless tracks:
    https://youtu.be/Y-dt6ZbtKRA

now that's very cool! hopefully the price is affordable..
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

The comment in the video was something like "It's not going to be our most expensive product." I looked at Zynaptiq's product line, and they're priced $179-1099. I'm guessing $399. Just a guess.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Out now. $189.
        https://youtu.be/DnPPPKPmcc0

Works very well although I still hear slight cymbal swells even at the highest attenuation setting.

Go crazy and create your own (nearly) drumless tracks from WAV/MP3 files.

Comment

iLok protected... Not a fan... Just more things that can go wrong...
          DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
          Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Interesting

UNMIX try&buy: http://www.zynaptiq.com/unmixdrums/unmixdrums-overview/

other products: http://www.zynaptiq.com/unmixdrums/

Did anybody try it already? If you can remove drums, can you also extract drums? (E.g. by subtracting original and unmix-tracks in a DAW)

Best, Michael
            td-30 user ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
              iLok protected... Not a fan... Just more things that can go wrong...
              Never needed to try ilok .. what's its downside?
              td-30 user ;-)

Comment

It's either on a usb stick or a program running in the background that sometimes can be buggy or you lose the stick.
                Password protection should be enough to unlock / run any program without 3rd party intervention!
                "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks, Intruder.
                  td-30 user ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MS-SPO View Post
                    ]

Did anybody try it already? If you can remove drums, can you also extract drums? (E.g. by subtracting original and unmix-tracks in a DAW)

Best, Michael
                    Yes, I have it. I'll try and post a couple of track excerpts with drums 'removed' and 'boosted' in the next 24 hours. (NB. you can't extract clean drums, but you can boost them to the front of the mix).

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
                      It's either on a usb stick or a program running in the background that sometimes can be buggy or you lose the stick.
                      Password protection should be enough to unlock / run any program without 3rd party intervention!
                      Yes, there's no need for the USB dongle for iLok these days, but a separate program runs authorization. I've had no issues yet, but I would prefer to have not had to deal with it!

Comment

OK, so here's a sampler. This is quick and dirty, mp3 @ medium quality only (and my first day of owning the plugin, so I should have lots of room to improve my technique!)

Attached are two files of Led Zeppelin's Black Dog (part). I deliberately chose a track with dense and prominent drums.
                        One file has drums attenuated; the other has drums boosted.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well, that clearly didn't work as advertised.

I just listened to the drums attenuated file, and besides some fluttering of the vocals, not much attenuation on the drums happened!

Thanks... I'll pass.... and save $200.
                          DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                          Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I just listened to the drums attenuated file, and besides some fluttering of the vocals, not much attenuation on the drums happened!

Thanks... I'll pass.... and save $200.

$189 is much too expensive for a piece of .......software like this! The least a plugin like this should do is try to remove any instrument desired.
                            Clearly, the only way to remove an instrument is to have the multi track recording and remove only the tracks desired in a DAW.
                            Nice try but, whoa. $189!? and the hassle of ilok. get real!
                            I did try the trial for a few minutes and removed it already after trying 1 song. The ilok software used 2% (at times) resources, much too high just to authorize a program!?
                            ilok still sucks!
                            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Well, while we try to make adjusting our plugins as easy as possible, it *is* possible to...well...not get it right ;-)

I'd be happy to help if anybody has trouble getting satisfactory results with UNMIX:RUMS. So far, I've found that it reliably gets drums down to headphone bleed levels without too much collateral damage. Ride cymbals can be challenging to "catch", though, mainly due to their length.

Cheers,
                              Denis @zynaptiq

Comment

Working...
                              X