Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with decided between Roland and Yamaha kits. Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with decided between Roland and Yamaha kits. Please help!!

My wife and I just bought our first home and I am now unable to play my acoustic kit I am honestly really confused and have been frantically searching for some guidance. I have the option of purchasing a lightly used Yamaha DTXtreme II kit for $1400. The most experience I have with electric kits would be the Roland TD-12s and I loved them (Although I am probably biased). I have been playing acoustic for 10 yrs and really want to make a good decision. So without further ado, my options are, buy the Yamaha kit mentioned above, wait and try to find a td-12s or possibly buy a TD-11kv or 15k. I not really sure of all the different features between all kits but I know that I liked the functionality of the 12s. I felt like I could do anything. The main features that I am interested in would be sound quality, the ability to have 3 cymbals and 4 toms (3 toms and 3 cymbals would be more than enough though) also the ability to mix and play with my own music via iPod. I really dig mesh heads but I guess that I don't need them also.

Best advice is to go and play that DTX kit. See if you like it. It will have rubber pads, not mesh.

Modules' sounds are meh, but maybe more important is the number of inputs. The DTXtreme has plenty. The TD11-15 have fewer.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

$1400 for a DTXtreme 2? Bleh... Where are you located? There's someone selling that same kit with free shipping for $1200 on Reverb. They are even offering a "make an offer" option.
      I think my work is done here.

Comment

DTXtreme IIs in the UK for 695 at the moment. That's about $1000 (not saying you should come here and but it, but it's to give to a market feel).

The DTX is a great kit and recommended.
        *** MIDI IN: good. Cable snake: bad ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

As Tommy indicated, $1400 for the DTXtreme 2 kit ain't worth it. I'd much prefer the TD-12. I saw your other post about the TD-12 kit. To get an idea about price, check ebay's completed auctions for an idea. Given you input requirements, the TD-12 sounds about right for you.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
          www.dauphinehotel.com
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
            Best advice is to go and play that DTX kit. See if you like it. It will have rubber pads, not mesh.
            That's what I did: went to a store, tried them all (A- and E-drums, different suppliers) and made up my mind. In Germany there seems to be no market for used kits, at least it succeeded hiding from me ;-)

Best, Michael
            td-30 user ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X