Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2Box Beta testers OS upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Box Beta testers OS upgrade

In the past weeks we have been beta testing a new version of the 2Box OS. Some nice new features have been added and I'm a happy tester. :-) Submitted my results and now the wait starts.
    E-gear: 2Box Drumit Five MkII, SD-card mod, 32 GB, extra cymbal & tom, modified rack, Zildjian Gen16 480 - DSP box, A&H ZED10FX mixer, Philips Headset. Balbex 2B hickory sticks.

I say, if it turns out that Roland has done literally nothing with the new TD25, I believe 2box should really hit it home with a fresh marketing campaign, because only competition drives innovation.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Now this sounds interesting and promising!

Can you tell us some more about the improvements please?

Comment

Unfortunately they are sworn to secrecy, We the public will only know when 2box releases that info publicly. This new TD-25 repackaged stunt by Roland will push many towards 2box Im sure, as I am one of them.
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

We cannot tell about or share the beta, but it is great to be part of this. 2Box is not a dead end.
          E-gear: 2Box Drumit Five MkII, SD-card mod, 32 GB, extra cymbal & tom, modified rack, Zildjian Gen16 480 - DSP box, A&H ZED10FX mixer, Philips Headset. Balbex 2B hickory sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Murgen View Post
            We cannot tell about or share the beta, but it is great to be part of this. 2Box is not a dead end.
            Sounds intriguing! I wonder if the user interface will be more user friendly and more straight forward to use. My jury is out on the TD25 until I learn more about it. I have considered 2box as my future module replacement for my TD9 so I am looking forward to hearing more about the new OS.

Comment

If there truly is innovation in the latest update I may consider replacing my TD-9 also!
              My only real problem is not being able to use my current hihat setup and I do not expect that to change although it would be nice.
              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Jman makes and sells a converter box so you can use any hi hat setup with the 2box module.
                Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
                Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
                  Jman makes and sells a converter box so you can use any hi hat setup with the 2box module.

Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks.
                  I have not heard of anyone using the VH-12/13 with both cymbals in place only the top cymbal from them. Why not both?
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

OS released: http://www.2box.se/World/pages/os-update/

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks.
                      I have not heard of anyone using the VH-12/13 with both cymbals in place only the top cymbal from them. Why not both?
                      There is no problem using the top and bottom cymbals of the VH-12 or VH-13 with my conversion box system. But you use my box instead of plugging into the Control jack of the VH-12/13. 2Box is a completely different HH system from Roland. So there will never be an update that changes that.
                      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Woo Hoo! Cant wait to download and install tonight. Here's hoping it fixes my triggering issues on the snare drum.
                        I think my work is done here.

Comment

Looks like the update was mostly about good improvements to triggering.

But no updates to the sound processing and nothing about updating memory cards bigger than 4gb through USB cable.
                          It's a shame, because I'm guessing this will be the last update for at least a year.
                          ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                          PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                            ...and nothing about updating memory cards bigger than 4gb through USB cable.

Huh??? You can install cards up to 32 Gigs on the module. No update needed for that.
                            I think my work is done here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_D View Post

Huh??? You can install cards up to 32 Gigs on the module. No update needed for that.
                              Yes, but once a 32gb card is inserted it can no longer be updated through the modules USB connection - hense the need for a external card extender, and a card reader on your PC.
                              Otherwise if you perform the 32gb card mod and then try to access it it through the usual USB method, it will result in "corruption" I'm lead to believe.
                              PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Working...
                              X