Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Roland TD-25KV, TD-25K, and new module, the TD-25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also can't edit ride cymbal sounds - config differing sounds for bell, bow and and edge... Really limited editing, modeling options all around w the TD-25 unlike any Roland module I've ever owned... Actually not mine, church bought it but still...?? So a simpleton module on a mid tier kit @ a $2K price point... Luckily the onboard sounds are pretty good though limited as well... weird...
    Current: TD-30, TD-12 modules/TD-20 pads
    Previous: TD-3, TD-5, TD-8

Comment

• Originally posted by stikkman View Post
      Also can't edit ride cymbal sounds - config differing sounds for bell, bow and and edge... Really limited editing, modeling options all around w the TD-25 unlike any Roland module I've ever owned... Actually not mine, church bought it but still...?? So a simpleton module on a mid tier kit @ a $2K price point... Luckily the onboard sounds are pretty good though limited as well... weird...
      I don't think it is just a coincidence that Roland removed those restrictions for choosing whatever instrument you want with the new TD-17 module. Hopefully that indicates a recognition that drummers still like to have the options to make their own sound choices (and maybe drummers aren't as stupid as the jokes indicate) ..... I know the TD-25 was supposed to be the ultimate system for simplicity .... Dumbing things down so you just turn the dial and automatically have a kit or group of instruments pre-configured is OK IMO as long as there are still advanced choices for those that want the option to change those assignments.
      Last edited by JmanWord; 12-03-18, 12:28 PM.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
      X