Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

How to clean Gibraltar rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean Gibraltar rack?

Can anyone tell what the best thing is for cleaning a Gibraltar rack? I got it in the mail today ($234 w/shipping from Musician's Friend) and everything's great but the one side arm has tarnish on it that almost looks like rust on a chrome bumper. I just wondered if anyone else has tried cleaning their rack with anything and was successful.

Thanks,

James

call musicians friend and tell them about it. They should not send something to you like that.shameful.tell them to replace it,or you want a refund.
    On cleaning,go to any auto parts store and get mothers chrome polish. I used it on my old gibralter rack for years.
    hope this helps
    Todd

Comment

Dear Drummerboy,

Ya gotta keep greasy pawprints and polish off the horizontal bars so the clamps don't rotate. After you polish them to a retina burning gleam, clean them with Windex!
      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

#0000 steel wool pads are excellent for cleaning chrome. Don't worry, no scratches will result.

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:
          #0000 steel wool pads are excellent for cleaning chrome. Don't worry, no scratches will result.
          Are you absolutely sure about that, Beatnick?!
          Won't the chrome plating be abraded off?!

------------------
          What you say!!
          -Alex. & Me V-Drums: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=429276...ulation_page=Y
          Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

#0000 steel wool is very fine. I've used it for years to polish stands, lugs (rmoved from the drum of course), motorcycle parts, car parts etc. If you don't believe me try on something chrome your sensitive about first. Even removes some rust.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. There's some good suggestions here. Now If I only had my V-drums... I get them Tuesday or Wednesday.

DrummerBoyJ

Comment

Working...
              X