Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Music Minus ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Minus ones?

Hello all,
    I figured this was the place to post my question: I spend alot of time playing to various types of music on cds. It's great for developing time. (the band doesn't follow)Anyway, I'm looking to increase my library and would like to hear from anyone who knows where I can aquire music minus drum recordings. I remember from way back, the old big band recordings that were available. I'm looking for ones that are a little more contemperary(spelling?). I aquired one from Dave Weckl from his In Session series that is real good. I had also heard from a few folks to take MIDI recordings and remove the drum track. Good idea. I'm just not set up for it right now. Perhaps soon. Anyone else?
    Thanks much,
    Kyle

------------------
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

Dennis Chambers has several books out that come with a CD. The tracks have Dennis playing first, then they are minus drums, so you can play along using the charts. The charts are difficult though! In the Pocket and Serious Moves are two of the titles.

Liberty Devitto (Billy Joels drummer) has a similar book and CD out. It has about 8 or 9 songs minus drums. These charts are very basic, but it is still fun to play along.

John Riley's books: The Art of Bop Drumming and Beyond Bop Drumming also come with CD's. I highly recommend these books for Jazz drumming!

You can find most of these at any Guitar Center, or you can order from the net: www.foreverdrumming.com www.drumplace.com

Hope that helps,

Chris

Comment

Thank you very much Chris,
      I just ordered a few books from that site.
      Good recommendation.
      Regards,
      Kyle

------------------
      Kyle Davids
      Lefty's Hip Pocket
      My Inspiration

Comment

Working...
      X