Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add cymbal or tom first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add cymbal or tom first?

Brought td15k recently, love it. Would like to expand. I am nee to drumming.
    Should I add a cymbal first or should I go for the 4th tom.

Many thanks for your advice.

Welcome to the fun.
    A 4th tom is nice to have but another cymbal will get used quite a bit more.
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I added a BT-1 for a 3rd cymbal and variety of sound effects.

Comment

My version of GAS --

First was a cymbal (Yami) as additional crash w/separate cymbal stand, then tom (w/splitter), then VH-11, then moved CY-5 as splash & effects, then . . . . .
        Last edited by EssKayKay; 03-14-15, 11:13 AM.

Comment

My first addition to my kit was a 3rd cymbal, followed by a 4th DIY and I'm now working on a 5th DIY. For me, 3 toms is totally enough. I would go start another cymbal.
          TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say "I would start with another cymbal."
            TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Comment

I have 8 toms and 7 cymbals 1 hihat. Most of the time 3 toms gets it done. I just can't help myself .
              I can always make 5 toms into 10 more ( i already use a ding bat for 1) cow bells because, as we all know, "YOU NEED MORE COW BELL"!!!
              Anyway, I vote cowbell.......er....um.... I mean cymbal!

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Hi all

many thanks to you guys, will go for cymbal.

Is cy12c a good choice?

Comment

Yep, good choice. They are sturdy, consistent, expensive and a nice match to your kit. There are many choices out there but the cy12c seems to set the standard for all to follow in my opinion.
                  All of my main cymbals are Roland.
                  Have fun!

Comment

For the most part, I've saved a few bucks and been pleased with eBay purchases but that can be a crapshoot too. Good luck edwinteng.
                    Last edited by EssKayKay; 03-15-15, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I got my CY14c from eBay (used but in very good shape) and I've also been really pleased with going that route. While the 12 and the 14 do exactly the same thing, I was advised by other forum members that the 14 would probably feel more satisfying if I wanted to do some 'riding' with it. I agree with that. At the time, there wasn't a big price difference on eBay between the 12's and 14's, so I went for the 14.

Comment

Working...
                      X