Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westone UM2 HW in-ear monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westone UM2 HW in-ear monitors

Hello Everyone, I'm thinking about purchasing these IEM. Has anyone ever used these with electronic drums. I'm looking for some feedback on these IEM's................Roger
    Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

I have the EM-1, and they do a fine job. Music is very clear and articulate.

The EM-2 will have more bass than mine, but the best is the noise elimination you get from IEMs. I get to lower the sound of the music and my drums altogether because they block the outside noise so well. A win against a light issue with tinnitus on my part.

The rubber tips are fine, but the foam tips are so comfortable, that's what I wear when I have a 15-hour flight. They block airplane's engine noise plus I can have them in my ears and forget they are there!

So, yes, go for them.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I have had a set for years. Love em. Use them for e-drumming and overall music listening. Highly recommend!

Comment

I have been using them for years. Really love them. I have severe hearing problems and tinnitus. I use them together with a little black box (i don't know if i am allowed to say the brand) to keep the volume at a safe level. Love them and kept me behind the kit.
        A to E Pacific/TD30

Comment

Thank you everyone!!!! I was concerned about how well they would handle the kick drum and floor tom sounds. I'm going to purchase a pair!!
          Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

Comment

Working...
          X