Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great IPhone Metronome app....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great IPhone Metronome app....

There's a great updated release IPhone app "Polynome" at AppStore.

see also: http://polynome.net

Here's good example why this app is my top choice than others of lesser functionality. If you want to practice the table of time, just plug in all the groupings. by just selecting the subdivisions (displayed as actual notation), place your accents wherever you like. You will hear every note as you practice. A great tool to internalize the groupings.

I've used a few apps, and by far, the easiest and most functional metronome in my opinion.
    Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

Looks nice, at an attractive price. Will check it out.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

How does it compare to the apps described on the 8-24-14 post on this thread?
      http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...-for-each-song

Comment

Originally posted by Vectron View Post
        How does it compare to the apps described on the 8-24-14 post on this thread?
        http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...-for-each-song
        Vectron, I have them both. I'm trying to upgrade the ProMetronome from the free version to compare. But, Polynome app guys are drummers, specifically Joe Crabtree, and had mucho input to this app. Well though out.

As far as I can see, the key difference is mixing sub-divisions or groupings, which most of these apps do not have.

hope this helps...
        Last edited by ronyd; 02-23-15, 11:33 AM.
        Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
        Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
        DIY vdrums

Comment

Does anyone know what the in-app purchase with a description of "English" is?
          TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

Nobody? It costs $7.99... on a $1.99 app. Expensive experiment, relatively speaking.
            TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by ronyd View Post
              Vectron, I have them both. I'm trying to upgrade the ProMetronome from the free version to compare. But, Polynome app guys are drummers, specifically Joe Crabtree, and had mucho input to this app. Well though out.

As far as I can see, the key difference is mixing sub-divisions or groupings, which most of these apps do not have.

hope this helps...
              Thanks for the info. I hope to try some free versions once I get my iPod working.

Comment

Originally posted by jonm42 View Post
                Does anyone know what the in-app purchase with a description of "English" is?
                The basic version of PolyNome includes 2 metronomes both of which can program any rhythm and use custom stickings and accents.
                The Pro in-app purchase allows you to save presets, create playlists, use voice counting and view the Practice Log.
                The "English" that you're seeing should be the related to the payment method as the only language for the voice counter is English.
                Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
                Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Ah ha. Thanks, Hoppy!

Comment

Awesome app will be buying that puppy for practice! for sure.
                    Thanks for the heads up, been looking for something to help with time signatures.
                    Looks like, just the ticket!
                    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

No doubt, this app is a "no-brainer" and easily worth the upgrade to the Pro version (makes the Roland/Boss DB 90 Dr Beat at $180 laughable).
                      Joe Crabtree also has some other products for sale and has some really good instructional videos as well... look him up on YouTube for some freebies and you'll be likely to go for some lessons too!!!
                      Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
                      Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Joe posted a new promo on the voice feature...

Comment

Looks great. I've been using the "Tempo" app with is good - enough for my needs - but a little more basic compared to what I think I see here.

Comment

Working...
                          X