Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this cable compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this cable compatible?

Hi Guys,

Just ordered myself a KitToys China - Will this cable work for it? Its the first time I have added on to my TD-9 and I can't find an official Roland Cable anywhere in the UK.

Could someone put my mind at ease and tell me its the right one!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000068NY...=IA3F22YR9807H

Thank You!
    TD9-KX2, VEX Masters 50, Toolbox, Naturals & Acustix. Many many Guitars, Bass Guitars & Mics, and a very understanding Wife!
    MacBook Pro 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. Line 6 UX8.

Yep it's the correct cable. Balanced 6.3mm. Although it's not a right angle connector it won't pose a problem for connecting a KitToys China.
    FYI I bought all my cables from Drum-tec. Shipping to UK was cheap but there is a minimum order value 25,00 EUR.
    I think the Jobeky website sells right angle cables too.

◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Seeing as all the Kit-Toys Chinas are single zone (mono), absolutely any 6.3mm to 6.3mm cable will work - mono or stereo, e.g. your mate's guitar lead! You never need to hunt out *official* Roland cables! http://amzn.to/1CYe1DO
      *** MIDI IN: good. Cable snake: bad ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies - Has answered my question fully.

HOWEVER... I got more! Will this cable be suitable for Roland CY12'etc with the other triggers?
        TD9-KX2, VEX Masters 50, Toolbox, Naturals & Acustix. Many many Guitars, Bass Guitars & Mics, and a very understanding Wife!

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
          . . . any 6.3mm to 6.3mm cable will work - mono or stereo. . . http://amzn.to/1CYe1DO
          This may sound weird, but periodically I've found using stereo TRS cables work better, even on mono triggers.

Comment

Do NOT use unbalanced TS cables! Even with mono triggers.

TS cables raise the noise floor and make the signal more susceptible to interference. Good triggering requires a clean signal for the module to interpret.
            Guitar players use TS cables, eDrummers use TRS.

Originally posted by simmo0916 View Post
            Thank you very much for the replies - Has answered my question fully.

HOWEVER... I got more! Will this cable be suitable for Roland CY12'etc with the other triggers?
            No, Roland cymbals have the input jacks very close to the centre hole. Straight jacks will press against your cymbal arm and prevent it from swinging naturally.
            If your in Europe; save and buy a load of 1.5m and 3.0m right-angled TRS cables from Drum-tec.
            They come loose in a nice long bag, without any crimping. These guys know how to package properly and are dedicated to serving unique edrum products.
            ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
            PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
              Do NOT use unbalanced TS cables! Even with mono triggers.

TS cables raise the noise floor and make the signal more susceptible to interference. Good triggering requires a clean signal for the module to interpret.
              Guitar players use TS cables, eDrummers use TRS.
              All I can say is I've been playing edrums since 1986 (Simmons, UP, Yamaha, Roland, Kat...) and *never* had a problem with mono cables.

Buy, hey, what do I know?
              Last edited by electrodrummer; 02-12-15, 02:32 PM.
              *** MIDI IN: good. Cable snake: bad ***
              Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Always, always use trs they work on everything and take the guessing out of weather it's mono or stereo even in the dark! They only cost pennies more and you can even loan one to the guitarist that forgot his (why do they do that?).
                "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

The times they are a-changin'
                  PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

The times they are a-changin'
                    Ohhhhhhh, ok.
                    He brings 57 pedals, 13 sets of strings, 126 picks, 4 slides 5 guitars but, forgets his shirt and instrument cable!
                    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Yep it's the correct cable. Balanced 6.3mm. Although it's not a right angle connector it won't pose a problem for connecting a KitToys China.
                      FYI I bought all my cables from Drum-tec. Shipping to UK was cheap but there is a minimum order value 25,00 EUR.
                      I think the Jobeky website sells right angle cables too.

Thankyou, Just ordered myself a load of cables to go with my new TD30 module

Comment

Working...
                      X