Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Musikmesse 2015 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikmesse 2015 Predictions

OK, so none of the big guns (Roland, Yamaha) put out anything really big or new at NAMM this January. With Musikmesse a little over 3 months away, the timing's about right for some speculation. Let's use this topic for predictions, and if possible, provide some justification as to what's behind your prediction. I'll start with Prediction #1 & #2. The next contributor names his/her #3. As the topic builds, this will make it easer to keep things straight

So, here goes:

Prediction #1: Roland will come out with a big brother to the TM-2. Reasons: a) The TM-2 was an experiment and it's catching on. b) Michael Shack hinted about it on the forum (but I can't find the post)

Prediction #2: Superior Drummer 3 will be released. Reason: SD2 is due for an upgrade, and EZDrummer2 is doing well.

Next...
    Last edited by jpsquared482; 02-04-15, 10:37 PM. Reason: Changed reference from Drew Armentrout to Michael Shack
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
    OK, so none of the big guns (Roland, Yamaha) put out anything really big or new at NAMM this January. With Musikmesse a little over 3 months away, the timing's about right for some speculation. Let's use this topic for predictions, and if possible, provide some justification as to what's behind your prediction. I'll start with Prediction #1 & #2. The next contributor names his/her #3. As the topic builds, this will make it easer to keep things straight

So, here goes:

Prediction #1: Roland will come out with a big brother to the TM-2. Reasons: a) The TM-2 was an experiment and it's catching on. b) Drew Armentrout hinted about it on the forum (but I can't find the post)
    Michael Shack hinted as well, they have the TM-2, for now ;-) there is definitively something on the works, if you see their 2 last percussion module, Handsonic and Tm-2, they finally using the imports wav, (outside spd-s) now they have to do it with a larger scale and layers. But as for the time frame, no one knows.

Comment

I heard something about a new module somewhere.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
        I heard something about a new module somewhere.
        I am not a deve loper but, who know lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Michael Shack hinted as well, they have the TM-2, for now ;-) there is definitively something on the works, if you see their 2 last percussion module, Handsonic and Tm-2, they finally using the imports wav, (outside spd-s) now they have to do it with a larger scale and layers. But as for the time frame, no one knows.

You're right, it was Michael Shack - no wonder I couldn't find the post.
          ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

One thing about Roland is that they never release any information before an official launch. Ever!
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
              One thing about Roland is that they never release any information before an official launch. Ever!

Apart from patent applications... ;-)

Comment

I predict a lot of YouTube vids in German....
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

It just so happens I have to be in Frankfurt that very week for work. I might go that Saturday that's open to the public. Anyone on the forum going to be there?

Comment

Exhibitors for "Electronic Drums" on Musikmesse website (Maybe not a final list)

D.B. Musical Instrument Co., Ltd.
                    Halle 3 Ebene 0 Stand D60

Roland Germany GmbH
                    Halle 5 Ebene 0 Stand B38

Hangzhou Worlde Music Electronic Co., Ltd.
                    Halle 5 Ebene 0 Stand D28
                    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                      Exhibitors for "Electronic Drums" on Musikmesse website (Maybe not a final list)

D.B. Musical Instrument Co., Ltd.
                      Halle 3 Ebene 0 Stand D60

Roland Germany GmbH
                      Halle 5 Ebene 0 Stand B38

Hangzhou Worlde Music Electronic Co., Ltd.
                      Halle 5 Ebene 0 Stand D28
                      Nothing special on both, unless it's a completely new direction with new product..

Hangzhou Worlde Music Electronic Co., Ltd
                      http://www.worlde.com.cn/products_li...dc834eff4.html

D.B. Musical Instrument Co., Ltd
                      http://www.db-musical.com/catalogues...sn=00000000034
                      Last edited by Chris K; 02-08-15, 07:36 PM.

Comment

A quick update;

I did the search wrong...

Now I'm looking through 117 results and I'm getting things like;

2BOX Music Applications AB
                        Halle 5 Ebene 1 Stand C44

M&M Vertriebs GmbH & Co.KG - Div. drum-tec
                        Halle 3 Ebene 0 Stand D55

Hard to find any new companies or distributors with unannounced edrum products.
                        Honestly, I have low expectations for this show.
                        ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                        ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                        PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Working...
                        X