Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

mesh head wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh head wear

I'm not particularly heavy footed and mix heal up/heal down. Have adjusted style to bounce etc. but am bending recommended beater and wearing bd mesh heads rather rapidly. Anyone int he same boat

Hey Paul,

What mesh heads are you using; which company & 1 or 2 ply?

Originally posted by Paul Lye:
    I'm not particularly heavy footed and mix heal up/heal down. Have adjusted style to bounce etc. but am bending recommended beater and wearing bd mesh heads rather rapidly. Anyone int he same boat

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

I have the same problem. I have a Hart Dynamics double ply head. My fix has been to loosen all the lugs and give the head a 1" turn so the beater has fresh spot to hit. I have had the drums for about 4 months and have done this twice already... So I have two "worn spots" on my head, but it sure beats buying a new one..
      My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

Are you guy's using any stick on protection for the beater impact?

They even work well on mesh heads.

Comment

If you are referring to your kick, felt beaters are recommended for mesh heads.
          I use a Yamaha DFP870 double bass pedal with a felt beater that is superb. The DFP870 is a very good pedal; its fast, smooth and accurate, which can extend the live span of your mesh heads as any good pedal, will.

If you are referring to you sticks: Heavier sticks=less sensitivity, Lighter stick=more sensitivity.

With a good tweak to the pad trigger and a good pedal, you wont have to lean into your kick and test your mesh head to its limit.

My Acoupad, series X - 2 ply mesh head feels and looks like new after over a year now.

Hope this helps.

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

Working...
          X