Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Let's talk about prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about prices!

High, Folks!

I'd very much like to purchase a TD-8 Custom kit. There are some questions left.
    Does anybody know about the recommended list price (especially the Germen ones as I come from there).
    I have two offers:

1st: a brand new complete standardTD-8 Custom for round about 5300 German Marks (which in the moment equals round about $2650). Doo you think this is reasonable?

2nd: a one-year-used (optically and technically absolutely ok) TD-8 consisting of the TD-8 module, the kd-8 kick, a PD-120 snare pad, three pd-80 stereo(! maybe pd-80r) tom pads, three kd-7 Cymbal pads and the standard hihat controller (rack and mounts included) for 4900 German MArks (~$2450).

Which one, if at all, would you consider to be best buy of the two. Or do you think fingers off??

Thanks,
    curcini.

The new price is okay. In Holland this set ifs more expensive (that's why I always buy my goodies in Germany)

The second hand price is okay not since in general used instruments are sold for 70 percent of the new price.
    Robert

Comment

Either price is good.
      I would go with the brand new kit just because you wouldn't have to worry about any problems when you get it home.

Comment

Curcini, if it was my choice, I would buy the new one too. Just adding my vote to help you out. Welcome.

~~~~~
        -

Comment

Hi Gang,
          I got a price quote for $2150 for a brand new VCustom (TD8) full set from www.fullcompass.com........

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce:
            Hi Gang,
            I got a price quote for $2150 for a brand new VCustom (TD8) full set from www.fullcompass.com........
            And??????

~~~~~
            - -

Comment

I just called Compass. They say $2650.00 for a V-Custom. How do you get $2150.00.

------------------
              Black
              Black

Comment

I bought my VCustoms during 2000 and I used the price quote from Full Compass to beat the price down at Sam Ash. Full Compass was selling them for $2150 and Sam Ash said they would do it for $2200 so I went with Ash only because I could get good service from a local store. I may still have the price quote with my receipt at home. Let me know if you need me to fax you the quote and I will try to find it. I'm sure they will be annoyed with me but that's business.
                Regards,
                Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X