Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triggera Bix - kick beater trigger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Triggera Bix - kick beater trigger

    We just released it! :-)

    electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

    Subscribe to our FB page

  • #2
    Interesting! So this can be used to trigger any surface?
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

    Comment


    • #3
      so if we use this with KD-7/8/9/80/85/120/140 ... we could get dual sounds or layer 2 sounds?

      Comment


      • #4
        Now that's a novel idea!
        ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
        ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
        PA Comparison Sheet

        Comment


        • #5
          Love the concept! Congrats on the release. Just in time for NAMM.

          I have a slight issue with double hits with my DIY kick caused by bounce (that I've nearly eliminated with Remo Muffls pads and a kick beater patch, and a loose head). Are you sure it will not sense that bounce/ double-hit?

          Your web site says: "Bix is a superior way to trigger kick drums, as it doesn't activate by means of vibration, like mounted or stick-on triggers."

          To me that means it doesn't have a traditional piezo. How does it send the required waveform to the module if not triggered by vibration?


          ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know if I can get my sofa to fit under my drum kit, though!

            Looks like a good idea. I still like your Krigg idea for silent kick triggering, but this is nice too, although probably noisier. Also good for triggering a real kick, and adding an electronic layer to the sound.

            I don't know if it's a secret, and if Triggera can share the info, about being a piezo or not. If it's not, it could be a FSR but that would mean an extra box, like with the onHead / inHead triggers. There's nothing like that shown on the website.
            DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
            Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

            My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
              Interesting! So this can be used to trigger any surface?
              Sure. You can find a surface of your choice and kick it!
              We tried many. That quick demo was done on a an armchair ...

              Originally posted by tivi View Post
              so if we use this with KD-7/8/9/80/85/120/140 ... we could get dual sounds or layer 2 sounds?
              Yes.
              Or you can use it on your kick pad if it doesn't work, or doesn't work optimally.

              Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
              I have a slight issue with double hits with my DIY kick caused by bounce (that I've nearly eliminated with Remo Muffls pads and a kick beater patch, and a loose head). Are you sure it will not sense that bounce/ double-hit?
              The video is done on a TD3 module. In this specific case (demo, armchair), when on max gain - yes, was very sensitive and made double-triggers. But when on 70% gain - it worked flawlessly. The surface was also very loose - you can push it easily 1-2 inches with your finger.

              Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
              Your web site says: "Bix is a superior way to trigger kick drums, as it doesn't activate by means of vibration, like mounted or stick-on triggers."

              To me that means it doesn't have a traditional piezo. How does it send the required waveform to the module if not triggered by vibration?
              Maybe that shoud be rephrased. We meant the vibration of the head. Yes, it does use a piezo.

              Originally posted by perceval View Post
              Looks like a good idea. I still like your Krigg idea for silent kick triggering, but this is nice too, although probably noisier. Also good for triggering a real kick, and adding an electronic layer to the sound.
              Actually, this armchair was also pretty quiet. Not like krigg for sure, but pretty quiet ...

              Originally posted by perceval View Post
              I don't know if it's a secret, and if Triggera can share the info, about being a piezo or not. If it's not, it could be a FSR but that would mean an extra box, like with the onHead / inHead triggers. There's nothing like that shown on the website.
              It's not a secret. We said on the page, it uses a similar principle as intrigg. Also, there's a pic with the cable and the common 6.3mm jack.
              electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

              Subscribe to our FB page

              Comment


              • #8
                Oops. Now I see the 6.3mm jack. Couldn't see well on the ipad. Had to blow up the picture.
                DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

                My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  great idea. love it.
                  Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
                  Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
                  Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I knew I'd seen this somewhere before... right here on this forum! http://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced...e-kit-triggers
                    Megadrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY 2 & 3-zone cymbals, DIY hall-effect 3-zone hi-hat, El Cheapo buttkicker, DIY trigger beaters on DIY longboard/direct drive modded pedals. DIY IEMs. Some kit pics/history.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yep, it made me remember Drobac's kick triggers, but Triggera is doing something like a beater "cartridge". All plastic, because felt would chew the mesh head, if you have one on your kick drum.

                      Same but different.
                      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

                      My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How does this work if you use a double pedal? Typically the head uses the one kick input. If the trigger is in the beater, do I need to hijack an input to add a second beater? Cool idea. I just yesterday installed the Intriggs on my gigging kit. This is a cool idea.
                        Sonor Safari A to E-Sparkly Red w/2Box and Roland TD15
                        Pearl Reference-Purple Haze (for sale)
                        Ludwig Classic Maple-Blue Olive Oyster
                        Medicine Man Custom Maple-Tangerine Glitter Glass:p

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I suppose you could if you wanted to assign a different sound (maybe one pitched slightly different to the other) which is quite cool without the need for two bass drums, or you could just feed both beaters into the same input with a y-splitter.
                          Megadrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY 2 & 3-zone cymbals, DIY hall-effect 3-zone hi-hat, El Cheapo buttkicker, DIY trigger beaters on DIY longboard/direct drive modded pedals. DIY IEMs. Some kit pics/history.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I built a beater with piezo around 15 years ago. While it functioned fine, the problem was the wire which always flexed. I gave up on it, but am happy to see that a workable product is finally getting produced by Triggera.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very interesting. For a double kick I would have to have two of them and a splitter connected to my module input?
                              C :cool: :cool: k

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X