Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone recommend a rack please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone recommend a rack please!

Greetings all!

As the title suggests, I want a new rack. I have a TD-9 KX with the standard rack, which is great, but even though I haven't added anything on to it, feels really cramped. I have read that the gibraltar racks are good, but havent a clue what I'm looking for, what mountings I will need etc. I would like the MDS-25, but it's a lot of money for what it is.

For info - I will be upgrading module to a TD30 in the next year or so - So I need some growing room D

Cheers guys, Looking forward to all the usual helpful comments.
    TD9-KX2, VEX Masters 50, Toolbox, Naturals & Acustix. Many many Guitars, Bass Guitars & Mics, and a very understanding Wife!
    MacBook Pro 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. Line 6 UX8.

Did you ever think about using cymbal stands with multi clamps ? You would be able to set it up what ever way you like and not be limited to the rack space
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

I use a Gibraltar chrome rack for full sized shells. A 43 front curved bar, 36 side curved bars with 4 30 straight upright bars. I use black gibraltar clamps, but if you like chrome, get chrome. With smaller shells, you could get away with smaller front and side curved bars. my shells are 12 13 14 16 20 and a 14 snare
      Last edited by hemiboy; 01-18-15, 02:54 PM.

Comment

You can buy longer Gibraltar tubes to replace your current horizontal ones. They come in various lengths. Very budget friendly and all your current clamps and "leg" uprights should work just fine with them.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...0tubs&index=12
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I have an MDS-25 rack that I bought for my diy a to e kit. Great rack but easy to 'out grow it'! I would love to replace with a shiny chrome one but just too expensive. As Daniel said probably best to diy your own from gibraltar tube
          Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
          Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

Comment

Gibraltar all the way.
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I recommend Kate Upton's!
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Go gibralter. easy to expand. easy to change. sturdy. looks great. a little heavy if you move it alot but use memory locks. Memory locks will make tear down very easy and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

Nice, but my beer might tip over!
                  LOL
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                    That's some rack! Lol

Man, just 0.02 cents? If you haven't done it yet. I always ran in trouble with Roland racks. I usually browse the photos here in the showcase for ideas. I have three rack toms - and the way I mount them I saw here: one in the middle and two where we were supposed having the cymbal arms. Fits in nicely.

Pim
                    Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Gibralter has many youtube video's of their racks, options, installation, etc. And they do a great job of explaining everything they do and why. It's helped me understand their products and food for thought on my direction.

Example below of a Stealth rack

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
                        You can buy longer Gibraltar tubes to replace your current horizontal ones. They come in various lengths. Very budget friendly and all your current clamps and "leg" uprights should work just fine with them.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...0tubs&index=12
                        Does that tube fit straight onto the rack I currently have? Or is some day required?? If it does, search over!!
                        TD9-KX2, VEX Masters 50, Toolbox, Naturals & Acustix. Many many Guitars, Bass Guitars & Mics, and a very understanding Wife!

Comment

You can check the size of you tubes if you like just to be sure but Gibraltar tubes are 1.5 inches and this is standard for most rack applications . So to answer your question....yes, it should fit just fine.
                          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

You know the biggest problem with Gibraltar racks?

Any hardware not of Gibraltar quality, becomes a fly in the ointment; waiting to be replaced.
                            ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                            ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                            PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Well, that saved me some money! 25 for the bar, instead of a whole new rack. Now to try and figure out which Gibraltar clamps work with my toms! Cheers for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X