Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

senstiviity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• senstiviity

i have been messing around with the sensitivity settingsfor my td10x. I have been using sensitvity setting 6 fo the snare but noticed when using a sequencer and checking the velocity I am getting a lot of 127 peaks. I am thinking I might lower it to 5 so the VERY HARDEST HIT will only get to 127. What settings are some members using for sensitivity for the td10x?

Originally posted by pdx:
    i have been messing around with the sensitivity settingsfor my td10x. I have been using sensitvity setting 6 fo the snare but noticed when using a sequencer and checking the velocity I am getting a lot of 127 peaks. I am thinking I might lower it to 5 so the VERY HARDEST HIT will only get to 127. What settings are some members using for sensitivity for the td10x?
    I have been using 6 also and it works great for me. This setting has everything to do with how much striking force you use and how light/heavy your sticks are. Don't get hung up on what others use. I know 3 other guys who are happy with a 3. They have also gone through several rubber rims while mine look practically new after almost 2 years. Work it so you get a mix of good overall response, reduced hot spot and decent postional sensing.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Question: does the sequencer send the proper MIDI codes? I doubt this since you got to much 127 values...
      Robert

Comment

Working...
      X