Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Another VH-12 TD-12 thing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Another VH-12 TD-12 thing.....

Hi All
    I have set up my new VH-12's with my TD12 tonight and am after some advice!
    Firstly although I was going to update my TD12 tonight so my VH12's would 'work' I thought I would give it a go without the update...
    I have been hearing conflicting evidence about the compatibilty for ages so this is what I have found so far.
    The VH12 seems to work fine without any update - I can get closed right through to open as I did with VH-11's. NOT open or fully closed as I was expecting!
    The' feel' is about the same as VH11 whereas I have to 'close' the hat pretty tight to get a closed sound. This may be something in the settings I can mess around with to make better
    but am unsure if it will do without the update?
    Cheers!
    Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
    Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

I have a TD-12 with the update and recently bought the VH-12's during RMC's $99 blowout sale. I followed the set-up and calibration directions that came with the TD-12 and found that it worked pretty much flawlessly from the get go. As I mentioned in another thread, it's not quite the same as playing a set of acoustic hi-hats but I've been able to adjust my technique to get a performance level I'm pretty happy with, at least for quite practice at home. I think if I were playing live I would go back to my acoustic hi-hats but the VH-12's a doing what I wanted by reducing the volume at home (my wife loves them!).
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Originally posted by DougM View Post
      I have a TD-12 with the update and recently bought the VH-12's during RMC's $99 blowout sale. I followed the set-up and calibration directions that came with the TD-12 and found that it worked pretty much flawlessly from the get go. As I mentioned in another thread, it's not quite the same as playing a set of acoustic hi-hats but I've been able to adjust my technique to get a performance level I'm pretty happy with, at least for quite practice at home. I think if I were playing live I would go back to my acoustic hi-hats but the VH-12's a doing what I wanted by reducing the volume at home (my wife loves them!).
      Yeah mine too - Sweetwater $99 ones! The more I play them the more I like them! Strange though after most people said I would need the update for them to work fully. Unless I am missing something my td12 definitely hasn't got the update! Just curious I guess!
      yeah I think I replied to your thread - they are still a long way off acoustic in terms of feel its just something you have to get used to I guess...
      Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
      Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

Comment

Working...
      X