Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone print photo/logo on drumhead for kick drum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone print photo/logo on drumhead for kick drum?

I'm looking to print my band logo/photo on a drumhead for kickdrum size 16", i'm planing to install LED strings inside so the printed photo/logo could be seen by audience Anyone know where to do this for reasonable price? thanks.

There are several places that do drum heads like you're requesting. The place I used and am quite pleased with is http://www.vintagelogos.com/index.html . I did a 22" head for my acoustic set that I now have set up for rack mounting in front of my e-set. They go down to 16" heads

Lyle
    and the jukebox plays..... !! (the Nails - Home of the Brave )

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S
    VExpressions Gigging Kits & Top 50 Drummers #1

A-set : 1968 Ludwig Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle

Comment

I have used drumart.com and woodshed stage art. Drumart.com produced a superior product for a lot less.
      TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

thanks Bill, i looked in Drumart.com and they dont have size 16".

Comment

Try NC Custom Drums.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

You can always go on the cheap and just get the logo in vinyl on a clear head. Should look good backlit. Should also be able to choose some opaque type colored vinyl/alternative materials as well.

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

what do you mean Kenster? please help. thanks. I like cheap

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
                what do you mean Kenster? please help. thanks. I like cheap
                Hmmm...not sure how much plainer I can make it.

1. Get a clear or opaque white drum head. You can also get a clear head and just get one big 16 inch decal made in black.
                2. Order some vinyl letters or your logo in question to be made into a decal out of vinyl sticker material or any other material the shop offers...there are all sorts of vinyl like materials they can cut your logo. DECALS ARE RELATIVELY CHEAP.
                3. Apply the logo/decal to the drum head
                4. install lighting and adjust light brightness to taste
                5. Voila'!

It should look like one of those fancy pumpkin carvings, as an example, here http://www.pumpkincarvingonline.com/...sney-carvings/

I suggest other materials other than vinyl in case you want more light to come thru. You could also light the bass drum head OUTSIDE the head itself but still inside the inner rim to light up whatever decal you have on the head.

Alrighty then. Cheap, fast, and easy.

My work is done here!

K ;-)
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

drumart.com also makes and sells custom vinyl stickers using your own artwork. Could be a good way to go as well. Just stick it on your preferred head as Kenster stated above!

Mark
                  www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

I like cheap
                    How about www.banner.com (look for sales or coupons) or, I believe Fedex has banner making capabilities.

Take your graphic idea to them. Have them print it out on some vinyl or variety of materials. Cut it out and ta-da... there ya go.

Just food for thought.

Comment

Lyle, can you take photo of your drumkit with LED please? thanks.

Comment

i'm afraid that printing logo/photo on vinyl stickers when sticks on drumhead, LED light will not light through, any thought? thanks.

Comment

Tivi,

I don't have any dedicated LED lighting in use for lighting up the drum head exclusively, just use stage lighting for the full set. It is a Colorstrip LED light, and it does accentuate the drum head of course. My head is not transparent, but solid black with our name applied. Here are a couple of images to show the head mounted and in use on the e-set.
                          Lyle

and the jukebox plays..... !! (the Nails - Home of the Brave )

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S
                          VExpressions Gigging Kits & Top 50 Drummers #1

A-set : 1968 Ludwig Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle

Comment

finally printed on film and tape to drumhead thanks for all advices. here is my "portable" kit
                            i need to check the trigger again to make sure it trigger perfectly
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Nice kit tivi.
                              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
                              X