Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-crash, splash, or china?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-crash, splash, or china?

Why are there different shapes and sizes for these 8" to 14" e-cymbals when they all do the same thing? A larger ride or Hi-Hats....I understand this.

If you are talking about Roland cymbals, I think it is product evolution.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I actually like having different sizes to coincide with what I program for those triggers.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

It would be nice if there were a cy18 or 20 just to complete the look.
        Of course the price would be stupid high but still.
        Just sayin!
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Different sizes can accommodate the specific physical location needs of the drummer. Look at the various conversations about the Yamaha PCY-60 in here over the years as an example of how many of us like small cymbals that can be squeezed into tight spots. The opposite has been true about rides in that people want a big honkin' ride for the feel. Few of these exist.

As for shapes, there's no audio reason for different shapes, that's why Yamaha and Roland have never made a china that looks like a china. However, many edrummers have wanted the distinctive shapes for obvious reasons relating to how a kit looks. That's why we've seen chinas that are shaped like chinas from Visulite (Pintech), Hart and Triggera. They do look cool.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
          www.dauphinehotel.com
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
          X