Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD30KV hi-hat double clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD30KV hi-hat double clicking

I am getting a double click from the hi-hat from a single strike. It almost sounds like a ghost note. Also, I'm not getting any response from my bass drum unless I put a lot of foot into it. I'm assuming I need to tighten the head for better response with less effort. I just haven't done it yet. Any suggestions?

I recommend you read my setup guide and see if it fixes your problems:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced...ngs-discussion

I think my work is done here.

Comment

It's usually a sign of wearing on the connection. Try changing the cables to see if it helps. Roland's HH's are known to wear on the cable pretty hard.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Great information. Thank you!

Comment

is the double hit on the hihat when you lift your foot off completely and the hihat returns to its normal position by itself? I had this issue, i changed the spring tension on my hihat to prevent the instant return to the top position because that bump was enough to triggerthe hihat hit sound

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

Working...
          X