Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-30 Module Tuning Melodic Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 Module Tuning Melodic Sounds

Does anyone know if you can tune any of the melodic sounds on the TD-30 mod to specific notes just w/ the mod itself? I was thinking that I might be able to plug into a PA & try using an external tuner while adjusting the pitch manually in the mod's settings. However, that seems a bit of a hassle & at the moment I'm PA-less.
    Roland TD-30KV & SPD-SX
    iMac G5 w/ Garageband

Yes, you can tune the melodic sounds. I don't think individual tuning for each voice is provided, but you can certainly tune the entire instrument, such as tuning a vibe or piano sound to a specific pitch. I've forgotten where it is in the module, but I've seen it. Try the global settings pages for the module or the accompaniment pages (when you're in the sequencer). You can tune individual drum voices, but exact pitch isn't provided and I don't remember seeing a fine tuning option. 2Box, where are you when we need you! (The 2Box module provides coarse and extremely detailed fine tuning of drum voices.)

Comment

Just FYI, it's not "accurate"... close, but not perfect. Yes, check it with a tuner. You'll get "close enough".
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thank you both for the quick responses! So if I understand correctly, the only way to "tune" sounds like the marimba, guitar, bass, etc. would be to apply the sound to a head, adjust the pitch using the Instrument Editing tool & use an external tuner to find the note I'm looking for? Seems a bit cumbersome & to your point, Alan, I feel like it won't necessarily yield the most accurate results. Also, do I have to add the sound individually to each pad when building a new kit or is there a way to find a pre-set marimba where the whole kit is already a "tuned" instrument?
        Roland TD-30KV & SPD-SX
        iMac G5 w/ Garageband

Comment

Just create the first one, and then copy it to all the rest and re-tune.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
            Just create the first one, and then copy it to all the rest and re-tune.
            Thanks, Alan!
            Roland TD-30KV & SPD-SX
            iMac G5 w/ Garageband

Comment

Working...
            X