Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

HOW TO MAKE A FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO MAKE A FAQ

Well... enough *****ing about it... I'd like to take this on... anyone care to assist me... or at least e-mail me with suggestions of how to set it up or what should be included?

hit me,
    rus

------------------
    \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 08, 2001).]
    \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Originally posted by rus:
    Well... enough *****ing about it... I'd like to take this on... anyone care to assist me... or at least e-mail me with suggestions of how to set it up or what should be included?

hit me,
    rus

Use this site's wonderful search engine and type keyword "puttenvr".

+++++
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
      Use this site's wonderful search engine and type keyword "puttenvr".

+++++
      -
      HA!
      rus

------------------
      \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 09, 2001).]

Comment

HEY LISTEN!

http://www.protolab.com/protolab_html/comparator.html

This is a link to a cool site that compares different sequencer/samplers. You just pick one from one side and one from the other, and then you can compare both right in front of you.
        As soon as I saw it I knew it was JUST what we needed.

I'll totally help if you want, and maybe we can get some input for the long-term from people who have Ddrums, Yamahas and stuff and make in all-inclusive.

Basically, I guess we'd decide on some fields to compare with, and then just get all the info and a pic of each kit. We could probably cut and paste a majority of it right from Roland's site.

Email me if you want, rus. I know this is more of a compare-thing than a FAQ, but at some point, people were talking about an info page that explains the differences. Maybe I'll work on this and you work on the FAQ, and we assimilate them somehow?

BINARY

[This message has been edited by BINARY (edited January 08, 2001).]

Comment

Back to the topic. Last year I wanted to start a FAQ section here, but only a few people responded. I think we will have to ask mr. Administrator to add such section on www.vdrums.com. Next a few die hard e-drums lovers can fill the section with questions and the right (ahummm...) answers. I want help.
          Robert

Comment

Ok Admins, this sounds like a great idea. Please do it! I don't know how many times I have had to search for an answer to what is probably a common question. An FAQ would cut down on reptative posts too. It would be sweet! BTW, this forum is a BIG help-Thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
              Back to the topic. Last year I wanted to start a FAQ section here, but only a few people responded. I think we will have to ask mr. Administrator to add such section on www.vdrums.com. Next a few die hard e-drums lovers can fill the section with questions and the right (ahummm...) answers. I want help.
              I fear that if we simply set up a FAQ topic if you will, it will almost become a Tips and Tricks forum... I think it would be better to assemble it outside of the group (with the input of the group) and then bring it in as a document unto itself...

discuss.
              rus

------------------
              \oo/_ _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by Redline:
                An FAQ would cut down on reptative posts too. .
                It will probably lead to a massive upswing in snotty "READ THE FAQ" posts though...

rus

------------------
                \oo/_ _\oo/

Comment

How would you administer this thing without it becoming a full time job? You need agreement that the statement is a fact and that it's asked enough that it should be included. Monitoring the high number of posts this site receives could be a real chore. Maybe if we see something we think should be included, we nominate it. Three "yay's" or some other voting structure and it's in. Aren't the guys who admin this board volunteers?
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                    How would you administer this thing without it becoming a full time job?
                    There is a FAQ on the rmmp site that is maintained pretty regularly... Fact of the matter is: it'll take a bit of effort to set up, but after all or most of the FAQ are there, we'll only have to update it every now and then...

I don't do anything but play video games all day anyway.

rus

------------------
                    \oo/_ _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                      How would you administer this thing without it becoming a full time job?
                      Can it be a full time job (with some payments from Zzounds.com). Would be nice
                      Robert

Comment

I can hardly wait for the day I post my 1st ...

"Please refer to this site's excellent FAQ section"

^^^^^
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                          I can hardly wait for the day I post my 1st ...

"Please refer to this site's excellent FAQ section"

^^^^^
                          -
                          Well, I think I'ma start on it this very evening... Binary... I like your idea about the sequencer/sampler section... I'll be contacting you on that...

I think the FAQ should really be an exaustive listing of anything that concernes e-drums (man, this is gonna be big)

rus

------------------
                          \oo/_ _\oo/

Comment

Working...
                          X