Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD8 Set-What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD8 Set-What are your thoughts?

Greetings all... I'm thinking about buying a TD8 set-up.... Comes with three PD-80 pads, a PD-85 pad, a KD-80 kick, A CY(?) crash, CY ride, looks like a PD7 pad for the hi-hat, Hi-hat pedal, rack and the TD8 Module. May be able to get for $400.... Looks to be in decent shape.... I realize it's an older set-up but not really interested in paying a lot for an electronic set just to practice on, just need something quiet.
    I realize this is on older model but like I said, not looking to spend what the newer sets are going for...
    Let me know your thoughts and opinions...
    Thanks

TD-8 is an excellent middle-of-the-road kit. And with those mesh pads, you'll be grabbing a bargain there. Might want to upgrade the hats to a cy-5. And add some VEX packs to bring out the best of the module. For what it's worth, in my view, the TD-8 had the best brushes capability (with nylon brushes, not metal!) of any module - period!
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Thanks for the reply... I'm new to V-drums so I can't say I know what VEX packs are.
      I'm going tomorrow to check this set out...

Comment

VEX packs from www.vexpressionsltd.com ...they are quite necessary for older Rolandäs modules, as the preprogrammed kits leave much to be desired.
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Thanks for that link, I appreciate it.

Comment

I checked it out, the rack is a bit "Scarred", the module is in nice shape, the PD-85 pad is actually a PD-80.... and the bass drum works fine but needs the head replaced. The guy is stuck on $500... hmm.....

Comment

Working...
            X