Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a mesh drum head that fits a Hart 13" snare drum- Remo too big or too small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a mesh drum head that fits a Hart 13" snare drum- Remo too big or too small

Hey.....I purchased a Hart Dynamics 13" metal snare drum that came with a black mesh drum head that due to its size, caused the rim to sink below the level of the shell before it was tight. So, I purchased a 13" white mesh remo head and it was way too small to fit over the shell. I returned the head and purchased a 14" Remo mesh head and it was so large that it would not fit into the rim , much larger than the black mesh head that came with it. The outer diameter of the shell is 12.75" and inner diameter of the flair in the hoop is 3 3/8". Do I have to purchase a Hart mesh head to get a fit? That original black mesh head that came with the drum is starting to come apart and must be replaced. Anyone familiar with this and can offer insight? Best Regards, Cole
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi, the good news is that there are lots,of choices for mesh heads in that size, such as 682 drums, 2ply, black or white, pintech reaction single ply, black or white, billy blast , white , 2 or 3 plys, z-ed .white, 2 or 3 ply, remo silentstroke, white, single plys, etc...The bad news is, you need to pick one! Check out past issues from digital drummer magazine on their head to head comparisons. There might, even be some harts around, check with allan leibowitz editor of digital drummer or maybe eric from rmc audio direct
    Last edited by hemiboy; 12-14-14, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Cole,

That is very odd, I haven't heard to much of an issue about this happening. We have some Hart Dynamics White Mesh Heads in stock if you are looking to replace it or are you trying to get something other than Hart?
      Stephen | Electronic Drum Center | 888-995-7485

My Kit | Custom Electronic Drum Kit | Bible Scripture Wraps | Hart Dynamics Cymbals | MacBook Pro i7 | Motu 828Mkiii Hybrid | Roland TD-20 (MIDI) | Steven Slate Drums

Comment

I would read reviews before buying. Anybody can sell you a hart, who has them. Make sure that is the way YOU want,to go!

Comment

That drum should take any standard head made to fit a 13" drum - if you couldn't get a 13" Remo to go over it, then you didn't have a 13" Remo!

(Incidentally, the black head the drum came with will have originally fitted, the material has just stretched over time).

Comment

^ Exactly. You probably got a 12" Remo head.
            And besides you say it's 12.75" - it should be actually 12.875" to be declared as a 13" drum.
            electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

The Remo mesh head box said 13" on it, but looking back, I'll bet that was a 12" head in the box Thanks for getting my brain unstuck! The Remo mesh heads seem a bit thin and light and look as if they won't last like the Hart Magnum heads on my other toms. I'll bet that they're prone to stretch as well, like the 1 ply black head that was on the drum. I think that I'll go for a 2 ply head, mostly so that it doesn't stretch or tear. I am pleased with the quality of my Hart drums.... higher quality than my Pintech drums. On my 13" Hart metal snare I added another piezo trigger to the inside shell below where a X-stick hits the rim and patched it with the original rim signal via "Y" cable....sounds good!

Comment

The remo silent strokes are more durable than you think. The nylon top flew off of my stick in the middle of a song and I didn't know it. I beat the Remo head until the song ended. There are now many dents and one small perforation in it. That was few months ago. It's still going strong and other than looking like it's feelings were badly hurt it still plays and triggers perfectly.

Comment

I never owned harts, only a Roland pd 128 snare, and pd 125 and pd 105 toms. Have you ever played the new Pintech phoenix snare or the current concertcast line? I hear they are great!
                  Last edited by hemiboy; 12-15-14, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Remo makes mesh heads for Roland, but the Remo's are single ply vs Roland's brand being dual ply. Th Remo's are probably very durable; Roland will be more so. The Roland's will be a bit stiffer, less tennis racket like. It comes down to preference of course.
                    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Hey....I went back to guitar center and (again) asked for a 13" (remo) mesh head. I received the same box as before and it contained a 12" head in a box labeled 13". Waste my time driving back and fourth! The remo heads don't seem very durable compared to the Pintech or Harts. That Pintech Phoenix snare looks nice with more lugs and a full 14" size. I like full diameter size e-drums. You can tell from the picture of my kit. I wonder why Roland only does a 12" snare drum and not a 13" or 14"?
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Roland only makes what they need for their products. BTW, I have a Remo head on my snare and it works perfectly and is as durable as anything else.

Comment

Hmmm...there used to be an option for deleting a a post
                          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
                            Hmmm...there used to be an option for deleting a a post
                            And the reason?
                            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

And the reason?
                              I would have deleted mine instead of posting at all.
                              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
                              X