Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Real snare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real snare?

I'm recording next week with my V-Drums and I am still not happy with the snare sounds I have. Has anyone created a very real sounding snare, and if so, could you share your settings with me?

I'm looking for a nice pop music type of snare sound...with crack but also some depth to it.

Thanks

Uhhh, almost all snares from the Vdrums sound real. I don't know what you mean. If you still don't like the snare sounds then you probably don't like the snare sounds coming from e-drums. And I do think you don't like them because you're talking about crack and depth.

Nevertheless, choose a JAZZ snare, try to set the shell material to BRONZE (if you like metal snares; otherwise use MAPLE) and set the strainer to LOOSE. Then lower the shell depth. When I head the Vdrums I always choose a piccolo snare and then changed the shell depth to 8 inches or so. Gives a nice mix from crispy snare sounds with some depth.
    Robert

Comment

...pop music type?..and not happy with the preset snare sounds? wow!! pop must be very creative then
      Nabil

Comment

Working...
      X