Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubles with the MDS-20BK rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles with the MDS-20BK rack

I just recently bought Roland td 20 off of eBay and realized there were no instructions on putting anything together. My main problem is the rack is really crooked. I have tried all week moving things around and looking at pictures. When i slide one bar down the rack gets really crooked, especially the front two long bars.

I am not clear is all the bow bars are the same side, and maybe if they are not that is why it is all messed up. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, Im just really eager to get to playing.

Comment

What you need to do is rotate all of the tubes that are curved. Imagine they are lying flat on the floor. They need to be in that same orientation when in the rack. You'll have to loosen up on the clamps that attach the curved tubes, rotate them slightly and retighten. Simple really, once you get down to it.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Another thing you could do is (totally new concept) download the instructions / manual from the Roland site. Then read / follow them!
        If still having issues after that feel free to post questions.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks for the advice The only instructions I had found were just pictures with the letters of the parts and where they go. My parts have no markings on them, and also the picture shows it assembled already.

Comment

Check that those 2 crossbars are the same length, I assume they are. Loosen all the nuts enough so the bars have room to move and you should find it will all sit in place.

Comment

Thanks Air, I figured most of it but the bottom crossbar seems to be way off, when I put in one side the cross bar points either way up or way down, there are arrow stickers that point to the end of the bar to show where to line it up. All the other bars line up but this I would have to rotate it to make it line up with the other side, but the arrows are in the wrong place.

Comment

Also what headphones do you guys use? I bought a Vic Firth and notice that the plug in is too small for the jack. Does this make sense? On the front of brain it says phones.

Comment

This PDF should help: https://files.secureserver.net/0smlJ0nSx5sTBZ
                  I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                  Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by chongo25 View Post
                    Also what headphones do you guys use? I bought a Vic Firth and notice that the plug in is too small for the jack. Does this make sense? On the front of brain it says phones.
                    I presume the TD-20 headphone socket takes a 1/4 inch (6.35mm) jack (far right in image below), so if your headphones have a 3.5 mm jack (second from right) you'll need an adaptor (2nd image) - make sure you get a stereo adaptor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_c...audiojacks.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/635mm-gold...-adapter-n89an

Comment

Maybe the video will help with understanding how to set up a curved rack. As jpsquared482 mentions... by keeping the bars level. While this rack is complicated, Brent explains those issues to consider while constructing the rack. About the 5:45 mark, he gives some insight.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and the video. I got the adapter and now I am jamming. Appreciate the feed back. I was also wondering what you guys thought about a SImmons DA200S amp? Guitar Center said it is good but the price is spendy to me. Just looking for thoughts.

Comment

All I can say is all you right handed people are lucky. When I got my 2nd hand TD-20 I had to download the instructions to spin the whole rack inside out. It took me about 2 hours all in all to get set up. If it eventually goes to my son then it's swap back time again!
                          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I would hate to do it backwards. LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X