Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2Box specs question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2Box specs question

    " 10 dual-function trigger inputs (max 15 independent trigger channels) "

    That's not very clear to me.

    So how many pads total can my kit be? I currently use 15 with my TD30. No way I could make do with just 10.





    TD-30 module, PDP A2E (22, 16, 14, 12, 10), Quartz triggers,
    VH11 hi-hat, PD125 (snare), Roland cymbals, Peavey KB4 monitor, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Axis A21 Sabres, Axis A Longboards

  • #2
    4 toms and snare can be split if you do not want rims samples = 10 +kick =11 +3 cymbals and HH= 15 Also a simple "Y" splitter(Stereo to R&L) will work rather than a "special" splitter like the Roland gear.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the info Daniel. I had trouble with splitters on the Roland modules - if a pad is struck simultaneously with one which is on a splitter you get no sound. I haven't heard anything like that about the 2Box so far.

      TD-30 module, PDP A2E (22, 16, 14, 12, 10), Quartz triggers,
      VH11 hi-hat, PD125 (snare), Roland cymbals, Peavey KB4 monitor, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
      Axis A21 Sabres, Axis A Longboards

      Comment


      • #4
        I do think when making the 2Box it was a major mistake not to give it more trigger inputs. I had a ddrum4 and struggled for inputs on that and although the 2Box has rims as well I for one wouldn't want to lose the rim sounds. I use those while playing. I looked at the 2box and thought about it a long time before getting a 2nd hand TD-20. I don't use it live though and only record using VST instruments SD2 so the sounds are not an issue but trigger inputs are. The triggering capabilities of the 2box and the TD-20 (so probably other units) both work equally in my opinion. I did have an Aleses I/O for extra inputs when using the ddrum4 but to me it was just more to go wrong. Also it's triggering was no where near as good as the ddrum4 or the Roland.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mkok View Post
          I do think when making the 2Box it was a major mistake not to give it more trigger inputs. I had a ddrum4 and struggled for inputs on that and although the 2Box has rims as well I for one wouldn't want to lose the rim sounds. I use those while playing. I looked at the 2box and thought about it a long time before getting a 2nd hand TD-20. I don't use it live though and only record using VST instruments SD2 so the sounds are not an issue but trigger inputs are. The triggering capabilities of the 2box and the TD-20 (so probably other units) both work equally in my opinion. I did have an Aleses I/O for extra inputs when using the ddrum4 but to me it was just more to go wrong. Also it's triggering was no where near as good as the ddrum4 or the Roland.
          I just bought 2 modules to solve this. Lots of inputs and options to choose from now. Depending on the sale price if you look around...both modules cost me less than 1 TD-30 retails for. In fact I've seen used TD-20s costing more than a new 2Box module. However if triggering VSTs is your only focus then there are much less expensive choices than Roland or 2Box i.e. the MegaDrum which has lots of versatility and inputs.
          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post

            I just bought 2 modules to solve this. Lots of inputs and options to choose from now. Depending on the sale price if you look around...both modules cost me less than 1 TD-30 retails for. In fact I've seen used TD-20s costing more than a new 2Box module. However if triggering VSTs is your only focus then there are much less expensive choices than Roland or 2Box i.e. the MegaDrum which has lots of versatility and inputs.

            So much for "no more monster kits for me".
            Will there be a third one under the tree in a few weeks?
            You have not posted any pics in a while. They grow up so fast!
            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

            Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Intruder View Post


              So much for "no more monster kits for me".
              Will there be a third one under the tree in a few weeks?
              You have not posted any pics in a while. They grow up so fast!
              hehehehe......It's just a small 8 piece kit. I have more inputs than I will ever use and more cymbals than toms now too. I'm prety sure I posted pics of my last incarnation with some Gen16s after the "monster", but the "Monster" itself has been dissected and is evolving nicely with new DNA. My sig gives a basic description of the final outcome. At the moment I'm building a TDW-20 based kit for triggering VSTs for my brother's studio....and a building to house all my gear. I'll post build threads with pics when all is complete.
              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post

                hehehehe......It's just a small 8 piece kit. I have more inputs than I will ever use and more cymbals than toms now too. I'm prety sure I posted pics of my last incarnation with some Gen16s after the "monster", but the "Monster" itself has been dissected and is evolving nicely with new DNA. My sig gives a basic description of the final outcome. At the moment I'm building a TDW-20 based kit for triggering VSTs for my brother's studio....and a building to house all my gear. I'll post build threads with pics when all is complete.

                Awesome, Pics or it didn't happen (per Kenster). Hey,congrats your avatar is moving again!
                "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

                Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Intruder View Post


                  Awesome, Pics or it didn't happen (per Kenster). Hey,congrats your avatar is moving again!
                  hehehe...thanks..it just happened a few minutes ago.

                  Oh and there will be pics all right...you know me.
                  8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                  http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hopefully at NAMM 15' they'll announce DrumIt6; more inputs, more colors, more memory, XLR outs, etc. I'm postponing an expensive laptop purchase at the moment.
                    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                    PA Comparison Sheet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That may be nice, but from the opinions of users here, it seems unlikely...

                      Nothing wrong with wishing though...
                      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X