Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Gibraltar Stealth users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gibraltar Stealth users here?

Hello!

Is there anyone here who uses or has used a Gibraltar stealth rack? The side-rack version to be precise.
    I'm thinking of getting one, but I don't know how much I can fit on there. If I get one for the right side of my set up it will need to be able to house my DTX500 module, one 13" and one 14" floortom and hopefully my ride aswell. I really want to get my kit as compact as possible and get as much stuff as possible off the floor to try and minimize the vibration going into the floor.

Yep you can, and a lot more overlapped.

The Gibraltar stealth range is actually just made using the same parts from the chrome range; i.e. regular legs but with shorter bars. The only new parts are the SC-GPRSBAR and GSMTL Stealth Mini T Base.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
      Yep you can, and a lot more overlapped.

The Gibraltar stealth range is actually just made using the same parts from the chrome range; i.e. regular legs but with shorter bars. The only new parts are the SC-GPRSBAR and GSMTL Stealth Mini T Base.
      Allright! I've never actually seen a stealth rack except from pictures so I didn't really know how big they are But I'm definitely gonna get one now! First I'm gonna see if my old Alesis DM5 rack is stable enough to act as a stealth rack, probably not :P

Comment

You've never seen them for real? You're sure in for a nice surprise!

The first time I opened my Gibraltar rack - thinking it's just overpriced scaffolding coated in chrome - well... its a whole lot more substantial than it looks in pictures on the web, WAY more substantial. Like an "oh sh-- what have I got my self into..." kinda feeling.

Completely transforms the impression of anything mounted to it.
        ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
        ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
        PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
          You've never seen them for real? You're sure in for a nice surprise!

The first time I opened my Gibraltar rack - thinking it's just overpriced scaffolding coated in chrome - well... its a whole lot more substantial than it looks in pictures on the web, WAY more substantial. Like an "oh sh-- what have I got my self into..." kinda feeling.

Completely transforms the impression of anything mounted to it.
          Sounds awesome! Nah I haven't had the chance to actually see a stealth rack in person, there's only like one real drum shop in all of Sweden so all I have ever owned drum-wise is either bought 2nd hand, from eBay and shipped for a whole lotta money or bought from Germany :P
          Been wanting a stealth rack for quite some time now. Not sure if I want a stealth piece for my snare/tom since I'm really trying to save as much space as possible and my 12" rack tom mounted on my 16" bassdrum is a perfect compact format for me. But one of those stealth pieces for my ''ride side'' will more than likely find its way into my setup sometime in the future. Too bad they're really expensive around here with all our taxes and stuff :/

Comment

here mine and very happy with it.
            http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...k-for-gibratar
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
            X