Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woojer, a wearable tactile woofer ButtKicker alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woojer, a wearable tactile woofer ButtKicker alternative?

I noticed this product today and thought I would mention it here, could be a cheaper ButtKicker alternative for vDrummers.

It's $99 and can be worn on the chest with a magnet or strapped to the body (or clipped onto clothing.) It seems two can be connected together for even more thumping. It amplifies the frequencies below 500Hz to deliver polyphonic (multi-tone) vibration in real-time. Looks interesting!

From Woojer's website:
    "We understand the intertwined relationship between sound, emotion and immersion. Multimedia with headsets doesn’t “cut it” – the fun and adrenalin is lost. For years people have tried to bring back this lost dimension to sound. But all these products were big, cumbersome and expensive. Our first thought was to go for a wearable rumble pack. But those type of elementary components only play one note and feel like a buzzer attached to the body. So after years of development (and dismantling all our audio equipment…), we invented a new type of polyphonic transducer that imparts an enhanced tactile sensation. We then productized this novel component into the first matchbox-sized wearable audio enhancement device that enables users to FEEL sound, rather than just hear it…
    With the support of music lovers and gaming enthusiasts around the globe, our vision it to develop a range of wearable haptic devices that will bring back the rich emotional sensation to personal listening and gaming experiences."

Woojer is the only silent, matchbox-sized, wearable "Woofer". FEEL every beat of your music and games! Woojer is also a game changer for the Hard of Hearing...
    Mimic Pro (Vexed), Diamond Custom 12" Snare, PDX-100 Toms, VH-13, CY-14-t Crashes, CY-14 China & Splash, CY-13R Ride, CY-5 X-Hat, MDS-9v Rack, DW Hardware, Tama Throne

Seems interesting, gonna have to try it tho!!! Maybe someone will have it at a booth at NAMM and I can play around with it on an e kit.

K
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

interesting indeed....
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I think it has a good application for metronome use as well.
        Roland TD-30, VH-13, 2 pcs CY-12c, Alesis DM Pro 14" three zone ride, Pintech Concertcast dual zone: 12" snare, 2 pcs 10" toms, 12" tom, 12" kick, Gibraltar rack, DW 9000 or Axis A pedal, Gibraltar HH stand, DW snare stand, DIY "Butkicker" style tactile transducer system using Aura shakers.

Comment

Or as my friend said when I forwarded him the link, "I don't see it for sale at the Adam and Eve store!"

www.adamandeve.com

K ;-)
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

I'd like to try that. If it works with our edrums I would get one.

Comment

Just resurrecting this old thread, as I received and ad on fB about it and hadn't seen this before. Has anyone tried one?

https://www.woojer.com/strap/

$149 isn't a bad price if it is a reasonable competitor to the Throne Thumper...
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Working...
              X