Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD30 expansion - any word?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD30 expansion - any word?

hey guys, i ve been away for awhile, finely played my drums after over a year hiatus and felt good to be back for sure.
    any word on the td30 expansions??
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Previous manuals mentioned expansion upon the initial release. However, the TD-30 does not mention expansion where upgrading is concerned. It is assumed any upgrading would be done via USB. Yet, I do not think we'll know until Roland makes such a release or statement.

I actually think they'll skip expansion this time, and go straight to a new platform in the TD-40. I think the 30 was a "beta" for the new engine, and they were working on the next release along side the 30. The 30 just seems maxed out from all the data supplied in the manual. It might be possible to upload data for an upgrade, but highly doubtful. I don't think the system is designed to take in new sounds in this manner. There is no "harddrive" per se.

Of course, I could be way off base as this is just a guess.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Given the popularity and capabilities of VSTs Roland would be making a mistake if they don't come out with a similarly capable module in the near future. I'm hoping for something at winter NAMM, since we did just get our first snow here in the Boston area.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

I somewhat agree. I prefer Roland's platform and engine. All we need is the ability to record samples into their proprietary format. However, this would somewhat negate the SPD line, so I don't see that happening... or happening with severe limitations.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

thanks for the reply's, i was also under the assumption that there may be a future expansion, via usb and that there would be plenty of memory to store it.
          being away for a while, i have some catching up to do.
          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
          X