Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go eDrum - 18" kick, anyone use this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go eDrum - 18" kick, anyone use this?

saw this on ebay, not mine just want to see if anyone in here use with roland module, like TD-20, TD-30?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-inch-Elec...item4adc1b5b19

i'm looking for something like this in white color, but $299 is a bit steep for Taiwan product if $159 i'd buy

You can build this for a fraction of the cost. Probly way less than $100. A kick drum is by far the very simplest DIY project one could take on. Just food for thought
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Looks like a rebranded kick from XM.

Yep, 300 plus shipping from Taiwan will make that kick expensive, and like Daniel said, very easy to DIY.
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

anyone willing to build me one for reasonable price? 18" white and about 10" deep [to match my old TD-10 pads] with pearl tom mount on the sidde so I can mount to my rack thanks.

Comment

Just go buy a white 18" drum used (there are 18" bass drums), or get an 18" tom with one of those bass drum converter stands, slap a mesh head and ddrum trigger on it and be done. The bass drum does not need all the subtle nuances of a snare. Easy.
          Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
          Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

so far i paid $63 for white 16" floor tom from ebay, pearl kick tom conversion mount $30 from amazon, 16" mesh head from amazon $17. Over $100 already

Comment

tivi,

If you can get that Go eDrum 18 inch bass drum to your door for $300, that seems pretty reasonable. Yes, you can build DIY, but you won't get that kind of finishing and you'll spend many hours tweaking. Depends on how much time you want to spend building versus playing. At $300, if that bass drum works, triggers well, and is reliably built, I don't think you'll do much better. You can certainly spend much, much more than this in time doing it DIY.

Case in point, I've got the Pearl JG-16 (floor tom conversion kit) you're talking about. For starters, it doesn't come with the BT-3 bracket you'll need and it doesn't come with the IIS mount you'll need, either. The ISS mount comes in multiple flavours. You need the one designed for 12 to 16 inch diameters. Also, in my case, the legs that came with the JG-16 weren't long enough due to where the floor tom leg mounts in the drum were... so... I had to buy an additional set of Sonor legs. The Sonor legs alone cost $50. Total just for the floor tom conversion hardware was over $100 and I spent lots of time sourcing parts and debugging. So yeah, $300 for a finished bass drum that is ready to go with mesh heads and trigger installed? I'd grab that in a heartbeat if it suits your needs.

Comment

Working...
              X