Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gen16 DCP USB connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen16 DCP USB connection?

hello,
    I'm currently using a mac mini intel, version 10.6.8 os.

The DCP currently has the following versions that I checked by using the HiHat button:
    Ctr: 211
    Boot: 261
    dsp: 158
    hardware: 211

Access tool 3.2.0

Looks like I have the current firmware updates according the zildjian download site.

But I wanted to check for automatic updates using USB connection.

Heres' what I did with no results:

- Plugged the DCP into USB port and turned DCP on. The mac mini identifies the USB port connected to the DCP.

- The dcp is turned on with the power switch all the way to the left position (brightness icon). I assume the middle is standby mode.

- I launch the acccess tool. Displays the initial message box, and the progress bar is running forever. But, eventually I get the "No Gen-16 Devices Found", with menus grayed out.

any help is appreciated.
    Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

Have you tried to hit refresh button couple times? I for some reason have the same problem when connecting to my mac or pc, but after several hit on the refresh button it will eventually recognize my DCP, weird but this is only solution that worked so far

Comment

I assume you have installed the Gen-16 app?
      . digitalDrummer
      Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
        I assume you have installed the Gen-16 app?
        I assume you are talking about the Gen16 Access Tool which I have. that's what I'm using to access the dcp, and fails to recognize it.

why can't vendors do things the correct way and test. They provide a tool, and it has holes in it. How difficult is it to poll ta USB device and get the data. NOT difficult. At least timeout after a minute or so. If you can;t get any data you need form a device in that period of time, bail out. I have to kill the app with the activity monitor. This really shouldn't be an issue. It's always something...
        Last edited by ronyd; 10-27-14, 10:03 PM.
        DIY vdrums

Comment

Whenever the DCP is not found, I unplug the USB and plug it back in, then it is found. This is on a PC version though, never tried the MAC. Although the MAC is more thoroughly tested.

The middle switch is ON, but no LEDs on PreAmps. All the way will light the PreAmps. There is no 'standby'.

Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
          Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

"Whenever the DCP is not found, I unplug the USB and plug it back in, then it is found. This is on a PC version though, never tried the MAC. Although the MAC is more thoroughly tested.

The middle switch is ON, but no LEDs on PreAmps. All the way will light the PreAmps. There is no 'standby'.""

So I should have the switch in middle position or does it matter? The problem is the Access tool never times out. the welcome screen remains on display, the progress box stays initializing. I have to manually kill the process or do something to get the detection error message (which I can';t do consistently),

Is it possible the USB port on the DCP is not working? I'm going to plug it into my neighbor's PC tonight and see if DCP is detected.

I bought the DCP used, which is fully functional otherwise. Just want to make sure I can perform functions using USB port.
            DIY vdrums

Comment

Trucked on over to my neighbors and used a windows 7 machine. Worked as expected. Was able to download latest firmware.

I powered up the dcp, waited until ready, connected USB, and launched access tool.

Blasted macos ...
              DIY vdrums

Comment

Working...
              X