Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland BT-1. Is this what I should get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland BT-1. Is this what I should get?

I'm sure this topic has been discussed previously but I've had a ****ens of a time locating it using the "search" feature. I'm looking for a simple add-on to trigger a snare rim-click/side-stick sample from my TD-12. I realize there are cheaper options out there but this one seems to fit the bill given its simplicity and compact size. I've read a few online reviews that were critical of the particular input jack on the module required to use this pad. I'm not exactly sure what this pertains to so I'll ask my question here. Can I use the BT-1 with any available input on my TD-12 to trigger a rim-click sound from the module?
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

You might want to take a look at Koby drums. It's an option that means you can get 3 for the price of the Roland.

Comment

Or Crappy Triggers

Comment

I can vouch for Koby nano pads. I have three of them and they are great little pads and very affordable too.

Comment

Another option is the jobeky ecowbell

Comment

The BT-1 is the Rolls Royce of aux triggers. For many applications, it's overkill and there are a variety of alternatives:
            See: https://www.distribly.com/product/2448
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

Comment

Or check out the Pintech Dingbat or Nimrod.
              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Yeah, I realize there are other options out there. I simply want to know if the BT-1 will work with any available input on my TD-12 to get a rim-click sound?
                Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Originally posted by DougM View Post
                  Yeah, I realize there are other options out there. I simply want to know if the BT-1 will work with any available input on my TD-12 to get a rim-click sound?
                  Yes.

5 character uppage

Comment

If I want a "dedicated" rim click (I assume you're talking about a cross-stick), I usually just put it on T1's rim. Save the money, and it works exactly the same.
                    Alan
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I would if I had dual zone tom pads but I'm using vintage Pearl pads from the 80's.

Comment

I like the BT-1, it works extremely well...using the crosstalk suppression with a MegaDRUM. (Together with some tweaked settings)

So in fact it works, so well that I currently is using two BT-1 on my snare! :-)
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Last edited by angr77; 10-22-14, 07:38 AM.
                        Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
                        X