KT-10 Kick Trigger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT-10 Kick Trigger

Ok- it's been a looong time since I started a topic- I got away from my V-kit after moving to VST more than the modules.... but, I now use a Zendrum almost exclusively for electronics, and I am wondering how the Roland KT-10 is being received? I tried using the search engine, and maybe it's been so long I forgot how to use it- but nothing is really coming up for the KT-10. Anyone have experiences with it? Like? Dislike? I would love any input you guys have on this product.
    SD2.0 hosted by Logic Pro- with Zendrum, Roland TD-20 kit, drumkat, Malletkat. Ayotte, Yamaha acoustics. Musser Marimbas.

THE OTHERS MYSPACE
    Mike Farrell-Zendrum

duh- just saw the review post about 6 posts below mine....
    SD2.0 hosted by Logic Pro- with Zendrum, Roland TD-20 kit, drumkat, Malletkat. Ayotte, Yamaha acoustics. Musser Marimbas.

THE OTHERS MYSPACE
    Mike Farrell-Zendrum

Comment

Just a quick update- it works fine with 2box
      Took about 45 minutes to get used to it to the point I forgot about it.
      Triggers better than the krigg IMO
      Acoustically slightly louder than the Krigg
      Krigg seems to make more noise by floor transmission and vibration- more of a "thwump" but still a great trigger
      Played around with weights and they do make a difference, less weight makes pedal feel faster but it may just be my poor technique
      No double triggering and feels very well made.
      Happy purchase I think

Comment

Great news to hear you have it working well with 2box.

I've been experimenting again, with feel this time. Some anti-slip matting over the trigger makes it more spongey, and slightly quieter, although that wasn't my goal lol, next experiment is trying other springs and buying some Tama cobra coils.

100_6252.JPG
        100_6260.JPG

Prepare for trouble! ...make it double.
        Need to figure out what pedal case can fit both of them together for safe transport, although the packing material works too.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 10-22-14, 06:52 PM.
        ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
        Community Drum Module Document
        PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Drumhead99 View Post
          Ok- it's been a looong time since I started a topic- I got away from my V-kit after moving to VST more than the modules.... but, I now use a Zendrum almost exclusively for electronics, and I am wondering how the Roland KT-10 is being received? I tried using the search engine, and maybe it's been so long I forgot how to use it- but nothing is really coming up for the KT-10. Anyone have experiences with it? Like? Dislike? I would love any input you guys have on this product.
          I'm using the KT-10 with my Zendrum and it works really well, plugged directly into the Zendrum. You can see it in use here, both with the Zen and with acoustic drums.

. digitalDrummer
          Review index

Comment

Further update:
            Played last night and the kt-10 seemed very loud
            Today I used double sided tape and stuck some soft neoprene rubber on beater and increased threshold and gain to max and set response to pos 2, kick 2.
            Much better and similar level of noise to krigg but with better trigger response.
            I am thinking about making a small DIY ne-10 out of plywood and half cut racquet balls.
            I think I am getting there but 2 box hi- hat is still a problem

Comment

Nice video Allan! Which sound engine do you use for your Zendrum/KT-10 setup? Was it the DM touch stuff on a IPad?

Best regards

Angr77
              Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14,13R,15R,12CR,RT-10S&K,2xBT-1,VH-11,-12,-13 & KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14,D11,120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 1.30.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

If you ever find that pedal case, let us know! I have 2 of them and I'm wondering about safe transport as well. Thanks!

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                Great news to hear you have it working well with 2box.

I've been experimenting again, with feel this time. Some anti-slip matting over the trigger makes it more spongey, and slightly quieter, although that wasn't my goal lol, next experiment is trying other springs and buying some Tama cobra coils.

100_6252.JPG
                100_6260.JPG

Prepare for trouble! ...make it double.
                Need to figure out what pedal case can fit both of them together for safe transport, although the packing material works too.

Comment

Tried an ne-10 with kt10 with friend listening downstairs. Bit of reduction in kick thump but overall kit is loud enough to annoy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                    Nice video Allan! Which sound engine do you use for your Zendrum/KT-10 setup? Was it the DM touch stuff on a IPad?

Best regards

Angr77
                    I'm using BFD3 via a MacBook Pro. At the moment, I'm testing some really promising wireless Midi interfaces ... More about that in the Feb 2015 edition.
                    By the way, the KT-10 review has just gone live in the November edition of digitalDrummer.
                    Last edited by allanjohn; 10-27-14, 06:52 PM.
                    . digitalDrummer
                    Review index

Comment

Ok. BDF3...a complex fellow...

A good review on the KT-10, Allan!. I think you are right in your conclusion...it is very solid and works just perfectly!

ANGR77
                      Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14,13R,15R,12CR,RT-10S&K,2xBT-1,VH-11,-12,-13 & KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14,D11,120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 1.30.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                        Ok. BDF3...a complex fellow...

A good review on the KT-10, Allan!. I think you are right in your conclusion...it is very solid and works just perfectly!

ANGR77
                        I would use Addictive Drums 2 (small footprint, nice sounds., quick loading), but it doesn't have the drag and roll articulations for the snare and with the Zendrum, it's impossible to get rolls using your fingers - you really do need the roll samples in the VST.
                        And thanks for the kind words about the review. It's not ofter a product delivers 100% on its hype, but I do believe the KT-10 really does.
                        . digitalDrummer
                        Review index

Comment

Yeah, if I didn't already own two KT-10's I would have bought another after reading that review. No cons what-so-ever? Are you paid by Roland lol? j/k
                          I'm a fan of Roland but I'm also an optimistic cynic. I can find something to complain about in everything but my tone isn't bad as my text irl.
                          To prove that, here's some cons for the KT-10, nit-picking included;
                          1) Cannot be used with acoustic drums 2) Cannot adjust/change rebound strength 3) Only 2 spring settings 4) Could use higher grade bearings 5) could use better finish on metal 6) pedal could have been lighter (or made of aluminum) 7) hinge tolerances could be lower 8) the price could (always) be lower.

I'm a person who is highly satisfied with the KT-10.
                          ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                          Community Drum Module Document
                          PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                            Are you paid by Roland lol? j/k
                            No, in fact, I paid Roland! I liked the KT-10 so much that I bought the review sample.
                            . digitalDrummer
                            Review index

Comment

Working...
                            X